What is the best roof coating to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nspoacamper

Have a 1998 class c RV discovered a crack in the rubber roof tonight. In your opinion whats is the best thing to use to reseal the roof?  Thanks in advance for your help.

A crack?  Just put a strip of Eternabond tape over it, or a lot of Dicor lap sealant.

Is this crack in the roof membrane, or in the sealant along the edges or seams?  You don't need to re-coat a rubber roof unless the EPDM membrane itself is worn through, i.e. you can see the weave of the backing material. Cracks in the caulk/sealant just require re-caulking.

If your membrane is worn down (and it might be on a 1998), you can apply a coat of Liquid Rubber, Kool Seal RV, or similar EPDM compatible product.

I can't say this is the best, but I've re-coated the roofs of may houseboat and 5er with a product from Minnesota Roofing.  Give them the square footage and they will tell you how much you need.  Rolls on with a long nap roller and keep applying several coats until you've used all of it.  Houseboat was done 10 years ago and still is in good shape.  Phone 320-763-7100 if you are interested.

There is a crack about foot in from the edge. I plan on putting the tape you guys are talking about and trying that. THANK YOU

Back
Top Bottom