EMS systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtcowman

Hello all,
I am considering buying an EMS for my new to me 5th wheel, and cannot find any mention whether a 50A system will work well if you plug it into a 30A power source.  Many of the state parks that we enjoy only offer 30A service. ( I know, only 1 AC)  I am also considering a hardwired system.  How hard are these to put in?  As an electrician, on a scale of 1-10 I am probably a  5.
Thanks!

The 50 amp will work just fine on a 30 amp site. You won't see any difference (other than the usual 30 amp issue of you can not run everything at once)

I"ve used mine (Mine is as TRC) on both 30 and 50 amp and so have many others. Both TRC and Progressive INdustries.

As I type,  my 50 Amp FW is plugged into 20A circuit with adapters.  My Progressive Industries HW50C is operating normally.

As an electrician, I my be a 4.  I got my EMS installed with little difficulty other than wrestling that 6-3/8-1 wire!  One install comment:  On the output side, there are two rings around the two hot wires measuring amps.  While you only need about 2 inches of wire to reach from the strain relief to the connection, use 3 inches.  This is needed to bend wires to allow room for the rings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom