Trying to keep it simple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terjames

I am in the process of remodeling/rebuilding a 1973 Shasta (18').  I will not be camping anywhere without water, camper will mostly be used to visit my kids out of state, both have rv hookups or an rv park nearby.  In this case, is a fresh water tank necessary?  As long as I have plenty of bottled water available for drinking/cooking - would sure make my remodel easier if I can take it out.  Also looking at a composting toilet, so can hopefully get by with ONLY a gray water tank?  I hope these aren't really stupid questions, but have googled and can't find any info about travel trailers without fresh water tanks.  Thanks for any info!

Yes you can get by without a fresh water tank. I did it in a class B I lived in. But it is a PITA. I think you will learn to regret it if you remove it since putting back in would be a real PITA.

The sofa/pullout bed is built over this tank, it sits on the floor at the front of the camper.  Removing it would allow me to reconfigure that area without having to build around it.  And it's 40 something years old and doesn't look too trustworthy, so I'm going to have to remove it anyway if I replace it.  Just wasn't sure if that tank is required for anything as long as I have an outside water hookup.

Back
Top Bottom