1993 diesel pace arrow do I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nmj3399

So I?m looking at a 1993 diesel pace arrow it has been parked since 09. Here?s the rundown Oshkosh chassis 8.3 Cummins 6 speed Allison with 145k on it. So they tried to start it and fried the starter trying, what it needs probably is the old diesel dumped and run some kerosene threw it to clean it up. So I know it?s gonna need Battires, tires, fluids dumped and filled, hydraulic brake system checked and tones of parts I haven?t thought of yet. But I?m sure I could get it for less than 3k and I wouldn?t even be thinking about it if it wasent in such good shape always in a garage and keep clean. Anyone know anything about this rig one way or the other any info will help. Thanks, Matt.

Somebody wasn't very bright leaning on the key until the starter went up in smoke. ::) Is it just a clogged fuel system or something more serious? It's 25 years old and has been parked for 9, be prepared to sink some serious coin into it unless you can do a lot of the work yourself.

Usually you get what you pay for.......

If you want a project and have a lot of money to invest and a lot of time to devote to it - go ahead and buy it.

IF you wanted a RV to use - well I think you could find one for under $10K that was running and usable right away.

When buying one that runs there will still be maintenance to be done - but way way less than one that doesn't run.
You also have to consider part(s) availability as some might not be available new and used may still be hard to find.

But it's your call.  Good luck with what ever you decide. 

Back
Top Bottom