New Travel Trailer Owner?s Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

areFish

New to the forum, Hello!

I purchased a 2018 Rockwood Geo Pro and this is my first RV, never rented, all in.  I have a few questions.

1)  The HD antenna isn?t picking up any TV channels.  The manual states to turn power to the antenna on, however I do see a switch.  Any ideas?  Doesn?t seem to be on the control panel. 

2)  I have a WaterPur filter KW1, which goes in a FR1 filter housing.  Another case of I can?t find it...any idea where this housing would be?

3)  I?ve read the manual, looked at the library here, asked a friend and watched a couple YouTube vids.  Fresh water sanitation.  Cold pipes only?  Turn on hot and cold?  Bypass water heater?  Don?t bypass water heater, however drain when finished? 

I appreciate any help. 

Since this is a 2018 unit, I'm guessing you purchased it new. A quick phone call to the dealer with questions specific to that model should get the answers you need.

As to sanitizing the water system, do everything including the water heater.

Good luck with the new rig and welcome to the forum.

The manual states to turn power to the antenna on, however I do see a switch.

You don't mention which antenna you have, but assuming some version of Winegard's batwing, there is a tiny pushbutton switch and a (usually green) small light next to it, generally mounted on a wall plate which also has a place to connect a TV RF cable. When the light is lit the power is applied to the antenna and the signal path is from the antenna to the TV. When the light is out, there is no power to the antenna, and the connection is to a jack that can be run to a cable TV feed in the campground. I've seen these wall plates out in plain sight, but I've also seen them inside a cabinet.

Forgive me if this is obvious, but have you performed a channel scan on the TV?  That must happen before it picks up anything.

Larry N. said:
You don't mention which antenna you have, but assuming some version of Winegard's batwing, there is a tiny pushbutton switch and a (usually green) small light next to it, generally mounted on a wall plate which also has a place to connect a TV RF cable. When the light is lit the power is applied to the antenna and the signal path is from the antenna to the TV. When the light is out, there is no power to the antenna, and the connection is to a jack that can be run to a cable TV feed in the campground. I've seen these wall plates out in plain sight, but I've also seen them inside a cabinet.

I just purchased a 2018 TT and during the walk through was informed that I had to press the "Antenna Booster" to get a signal. Just as above, it was a very small push button that had a small green light. In my case it was in a cabinet located above the TV in the main area. I watched the TV go from black to a clear screen as soon as this button was pressed. Hope this helps!

Larry N. said:
there is a tiny pushbutton switch
FunSteak said:
have you performed a channel scan
Nate in FL said:
In my case it was in a cabinet located above the TV in the main area.

Thank you for the replies.  I did perform the channel scans to no avail, however I?ve found the switch behind the TV.  It is a small push button next to an empty coaxial port.  I didn?t realize this was my antenna power button and thought it had something to do with connecting to cable. 

HappyWanderer said:
As to sanitizing the water system, do everything including the water heater.

Good luck with the new rig and welcome to the forum.
Thank you.  I?ll do that.  To drain the water heater when complete, I trust opening the low point drains red & blue will do the trick?

My owners manual says to not sanitize the hot water heater. It says to leave the water heater bypassed when you sanitize. I suspect, but I don't know, that it would be alright to sanitize a Suburban Water Heater with a glass lined tank, but I would not add chlorine to an Atwood Heater with an aluminum tank. Chlorine and aluminum don't go well together, besides the chlorine being extremely corrosive to the aluminum tank, it will leave you with incredibly fowl smelling hot water. Don't ask me how I know that. I didn't sanitize my heater, but I failed to completely rinse all of the chlorine from the system before putting the water heater back into service.

To drain the hot water heater you must pull the plug at the bottom of the heater, just opening the low point drains will not get all of the water out of the heater.

sadixon49 said:
It says to leave the water heater bypassed when you sanitize.

To drain the hot water heater you must pull the plug at the bottom of the heater, just opening the low point drains will not get all of the water out of the heater.

If I could figure out where my water heater bypass was I?d be in business.  Thank you for the info.

areFish said:
If I could figure out where my water heater bypass was I?d be in business.  Thank you for the info.

Our bypass is behind a panel which is inside,behind where the water heater is on the outside.  We have to unscrew the panel for access.  Hope that helps.

IMHO, no need to bypass. When sanitizing, do the entire system including the water heater. You only need to leave the mixture in there for a couple of hours to sanitize it then flush it out. I usually leave it overnight and never had any issues. I've had 5 RV's and they've all had Atwood heaters.

areFish said:
Thank you for the replies.  I did perform the channel scans to no avail, however I?ve found the switch behind the TV.  It is a small push button next to an empty coaxial port.  I didn?t realize this was my antenna power button and thought it had something to do with connecting to cable.

Actually, it performs both functions.  When the button is in, the wall plate supplies power to the antenna preamp and sends the antenna signal to the TV.

When the button is out, it turns off the preamp power and routes the external cable connection to the TV.

Back
Top Bottom