Still Looking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floyd2u

Hello
Well still looking for that new to me MH.
I found this Newmar Kountry star & its looking promising to me but would like some input from guys. Here is the link
https://centralmich.craigslist.org/rvs/d/newmar-kountry-star-ksca3301/6555500817.html

Thank-you so much for all your help
Floyd

Hard to say, but it looks clean. I hate those ads that say "Great...for a 2003".  Implies their are blemishes not mentioned or pictured (which all-too-common in these ads).

The next step is to view it in person, and, since you are a newcomer to RVs, get an experienced friend or a pro to help look it over.  Once you find a floor plan that works for you, condition is everything.

Thanks again Gary going to look it over tomorrow & see if its ok in my eyes lol than bring a friend that has had a few As to look it over better

Floyd

I've found that folks who store their RV's inside generally take better care of them.
The exterior is certainly in better condition.

Well the search is over ;D the Newmark was in like new condition this guy had all his paper work on maintenance. He was the second owner & i saw that the first owner had towed with it so I made the commit that i would probably have the tranny serviced he said no need had it done had the cooling system flushed etc. Big learning cycle for me as he didn't know how to winterize or unwinterize he took it to the dealer for all work ,he had a folder with all the oil changes, brakes new tires up front he said the dealer was OK with the rears I climbed under to look for the tire dates but couldn't find them Will check it better when i get it home. Has a satellite dome deal which I don't have a clue about LOL But he has all the manuals so big learning cure ahead. Heck don't even know were the water pump is at.
The outside is unbelievable he waxs it every year looks new. So I am A happy camper just a little uneducated at this time LOL

Thanks all for your help
Floyd

She's not home yet do to our wonderful weather Ice & then up to 10" of snow love northern Michigan.
being totally empty what should i run as air pressure? It has the 22.5 Michelin on it thanks as usual
Floyd

floyd2u said:
being totally empty what should i run as air pressure? It has the 22.5 Michelin on it thanks as usual

The quick/safe answer is run the pressure on the tire sidewalls for now. As soon as you're able get the rig weighed (either a certified scale or if you've got a sand/gravel place nearby they'll probably let you use the scale for free if you stay out of the way). At least weigh the front and back axles, even better is to weigh each corner. Once you have those weights you can adjust pressures according to the manufacturer's loading tables. Tires on the same axle should all run the same pressure.

Thank-you yes i knew about getting it weighed after we put our stuff in it but was not sure when completely empty
Floyd

floyd2u said:
Thank-you yes i knew about getting it weighed after we put our stuff in it but was not sure when completely empty
Floyd

Yes, wait until you have it loaded, fueled, propane and water full

The quick/safe answer is run the pressure on the tire sidewalls for now.

The biggest problem with that (max allowable pressure) is potential handling problems. Usually there is a placard in the coach (often near the driver's seat) which specifies pressures for the tires. That's often a tad high, too, but is better to use (especially if empty) until getting it weighed.

Larry?s right. Assuming the tires are the size indicated on the placard go with that.

Congratulations. Looks like you found a very nice coach. It just takes a little time sometimes to find the one that's right for you. Keep it waxed a couple times a year and it will stay that way. Run the air pressure on the placard until you can get it loaded up. The PO of my coach had the OLD tires pumped up to the max on the tire, and it rode, drove terrible once I got it out on the interstate. I installed new tires right away and run 85 PSI which is a little more than I need for the weight of my coach. It rides and drives much better. My coach is a 03 and it had the original tires on it when I bought it last year. I was afraid to drive it home, but took it real easy and made it. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom