Polishing Aluminum Wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grooving grandpa

I have some PDQ bottle samples for polishing aluminum wheels. Enough to last me forever. PDQ no longer makes this item. Not sure why. It really does a great job. Have usedit twice with 3 difference polishing wheels. I have a cone, small ball and large ball made from a red sponge material  that I use with my electric drill for polishing.  My question is how do you wash out the tools to remove the black residue? I usedd hot water, with mild dish washing soap. The tools are clear, but you still have the discoloring in the sponge. I am thinking as long as the oils are removed and the tools dry, the discoloring will not keep you from reusing the polishing tools again. Just for general information what brands do members recommend?

Thanks for all inputs,
Lou

I have never cleaned mine - but a also use a lot of microfiber towels when polishing aluminum or chrome in conjunction with power cones and foam balls

I?ve always used corn starch liberally to remove the black and polish.just throw it in there by the hand full. Also keeps black from sticking to tools while giving a magnificent shine.

Thanks for the full circle of suggestions. My cones have dried and seem to be clean to the touch. I will try the corn starch next time. All I know is the my rims sure look a lot better. I think polishing them every 6 months should do the trick.

I use GoJo hand cleaner and paper towels on my chrome wheels and bumpers.  It makes removing brake dust really easy from the rims.  If you have a diesel it will also remove the soot around your tailpipe.  I use one paper towel to apply it and one to buff it.  They shine just like you waxed them.  No cleanup involved as the paper towels go into trash.

I saw this on a forum where the guy said his Dad was a trucker and used GoJo on all the chrome on his semi tractor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom