Redmond Convention (FMCA) 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Opps, Sorry Bernie for using the wrong "lingo".  I got it straight now.  There is an 800# that I can call regarding the Convention.  It looks like our arrival time is still good for us.  We are now in Kernville and will leave right after the 4th heading toward Oregon.  We are having a house built up here so need to stay and make some decisions.

We are going to call DAvis cabinets today and see what type of time frame is available for us to meet with him and see if he can do some work for us.  We are thinking of having the booth eating area replaced with a desk/table combination like many of the forum folks have done.  Our only concern is that desk modificationwill be on our slideout so we are not sure if it will throw off the balance of the slide or be too heavy for the slide.

Everyone else:  Re the Mexican train, it will probably take us 3 days to sort through all of the different rules.  However, before we moved from Bonsall, I used to play with two different ladies groups once a month....does that have any clout on whose rules we use?  :p

Marsha~

I want to know if Chris Pennings  taught me the right rules as well.

I can say right now that they certainly didn't play by the rules we learned!  People were getting two turns instead of one.  We'll have our rules book for reference.  ;)

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
I can say right now that they certainly didn't play by the rules we learned!  People were getting two turns instead of one.  We'll have our rules book for reference.  ;)

ArdraF

Leave it to a librarian to have a rules book  :D

To all Mexican train "passengers"

Rules are very simple: "MY PLACE, MY RULES". Your place your rules.
My book on domino's does not say that you can not go 2 turns.
I hope the war is over now. Peace please.

Chris

chrpennings said:
"MY PLACE, MY RULES". Your place your rules.

LOL Chris, we should make a sign out of that and post it in your coach.

Tom,

I don't know how it happened but I put in duplicate posts.  Is there a way to cancel Post #21?

ArdraF

Leave it to a librarian to have a rules book

Wendy - well, of course, what else would you expect??  ;D

I hope the war is over now. Peace please.

Chris - it's more fun to hassle you.  Why would we want a truce when we can do that instead???  ;)

ArdraF

I noticed that Ardra and was planning to come back to delete one. It's done.

A very small number of folks have experienced/reported double posts, although most have just an occasional one. I haven't figured out what causes them, since theoretically the forum software would warn you it's a duplicate post and effectively prevent it from being posted. There's something significant about the fact that one or two folks have had many occurrences, but I haven't figured out what the significance is.

Tom  Perhaps  the same thing occurred as has happened to me  Occasionally I have hit the post and it hesitates and I've hit it again and then the message comes up and tells me I posted twice  yet it only posted once the other didn't post.  If i hadn't hit it twice  sometimes it has failed to post at all and enters cyberspace of unknown vacuums, never to be seen again.  I justfigured it's me.  Once it showed up later after I had retyped the message and I just went in and simply deleted it.  But I make many mistakes with this thing I think nothing of it.  Just me.

Tom,

If you make a sign do not put it in my coach but outside. If passengers do not obey by the rules they can't come in. Of course I always can make some exceptions for rookies.

chris

Count me as a rookie Chris. I haven't played dominoes since I was a kid and have never played Mexican Train. My Chris OTOH has been teaching everyone in our boat club how to play it, using your rules of course.

Beth just said she wants to learn and will join you guys at FMCA.

However, as a warning, she is the great-great(5 times) granddaughter of Jim Bowie and if she brings her 2' long carring case with her......All rules may be subject to change.... LOL

Maybe I'll call the producers of Cops and have them there with cameras rolling. Should make good tv.     

29er said:
Beth just said she wants to learn and will join you guys at FMCA.

However, as a warning, she is the great-great(5 times) granddaughter of Jim Bowie and if she brings her 2' long carring case with her......All rules may be subject to change.... LOL

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who comes armed & dangerous can make the Domino rules.

Wendy,

Never fear, I'm a DAR (Daughter of the American Revolution) and am a crack shot with a .45 handgun. 

Also, I know from Moab, that Beth had a .410 shot gun....so did I.  ;D

We're gonna have fun.... :p

Marsha~

Ok Marsha and Beth,

I was in the Army and I qualified Expert on M-16 rifle, shotgun, M-60 machine gun, and M-203 grenade launcher. So do the 3 of us get to set the rules??? :)

Wendy

wendycoke said:
I was in the Army and I qualified Expert on M-16 rifle, shotgun, M-60 machine gun, and M-203 grenade launcher. So do the 3 of us get to set the rules??? :)

Ok Marsha, Wendy and Beth,

I can't shoot anything,  May I still play? I can quote rules.

Betty

I'm just a lowly immigrant from a civilized country (well, it was back then) where these weapons are illegal. Can I still play  ???

Tom said:
I'm just a lowly immigrant from a civilized country (well, it was back then) where these weapons are illegal. Can I still play  ???

Hey, I was in the Army....they were all perfectly legal.

And of course you can play......so long as you let the ladies with the weapons set the rules.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom