Lost (And found) Cell phone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

When I went to supper last night I left my Cell phone on the table.. Well the waitress moved it to the lost and found tray but the manager is not in so they were not willing to check. Yet.

I told her if it was here she'd know it, in fact everyone in the restaurant knew.

I just went to LOOKOUT web site, logged in with this chrome book and sent the phone a SCREAM request.. She brought me the phone as it was clear it was here. And I entered the password to silence it. 

Great program. has other features too.  lookout.com.

Google's "Find My Device" service offers a similar Android phone locator service that will ring the phone even it's set to silent. It can also lock the phone or even totally erase the data on the phone if it has been stolen. And it's free...

John From Detroit said:
When I went to supper last night I left my Cell phone on the table.. Well the waitress moved it to the lost and found tray but the manager is not in so they were not willing to check. Yet.

I told her if it was here she'd know it, in fact everyone in the restaurant knew.

I just went to LOOKOUT web site, logged in with this chrome book and sent the phone a SCREAM request.. She brought me the phone as it was clear it was here. And I entered the password to silence it. 

Great program. has other features too.  lookout.com.

+1 for Lookout. I dropped my phone once when hiking around the hills behind my house. Didn't discover it until I got back home. Logged in to my Lookout account and it "found" it. I went back to the GPS point where it said it was but it was in a field with tall, thick grass. Had my wife's cell with me and sent the SCREAM signal to my phone. Even though I heard it clearly I couldn't see it in the tall grass until I was right on top of it. No way would I have ever found it otherwise.

As NY_Dutch mentioned there's other similar ways to find one's lost phone No matter which service you use I think it's a good idea to practice with the app as it could save you a lot of grief. Losing one's cell phone these days can be catastrophic!  ;D  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom