Waste Valves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cedrick

Cedrick here with another newbie question.

I was ensuring all my waste values were operational before our first trip.  When I was under the unit I noticed the black water tank has a 1-1/2 inch valve.  I thought all black water tanks were 3" valves.  Am I missing something?  The underbelly is insulated so tracing lines and tanks is a bit of a challenge.  I cannot find a second waste outlet under the unit. 

Thanks

What make and model RV do you have? You are correct in the assumption that black tanks generally have 3" drains.

Typically the gray tank has a 1.5" line and the black a 3" line, and they usually come together at a Tee that has a 1.5" and a 3" inlet side and a 3" outlet to the exterior of the RV.  The standard sewer hose and fitting is for a 3" bayonet-style connector. The plumbing codes require 3" for black waste water or mixed black & Gray.

Year/make/model of this RV?

How do you know it is black water??  I have a sealed underbelly and a similar valve that is the FRESH WATER tank drain.  It is accessed from under the camper, no cable to a more convenient location.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom