Fun stuff maybe. ID song and artist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alpena Jeff

I'm not one for rules. My only one is don't google it. Either you know or you don't.
Throw out a lyric and challenge others to identify where it came from. This is not intended to repeat "stump the band"
I'll start with a local Michigan friend...
And an easy one
On a long lonesome hiway east of Omaha, you can listen to the engine moanin out its one note song.

Oooh, good timing - I'm the first one in. Bob Segar (sp?), Turn the Page

One of my all - time favorites: "Walking across the sitting room, I turn the television off. Sitting beside you, I look into your eyes."

Counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all.  Playing Solitaire till dawn, with a deck of fifty-one.  Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo.  Now, don't tell me I've nothing to do.

Joezeppy said:
Oooh, good timing - I'm the first one in. Bob Segar (sp?), Turn the Page

One of my all - time favorites: "Walking across the sitting room, I turn the television off. Sitting beside you, I look into your eyes."
genesis I think.

Tom and Margi said:
Counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all.  Playing Solitaire till dawn, with a deck of fifty-one.  Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo.  Now, don't tell me I've nothing to do.

Statler Brothers

Alpena Jeff said:
I'm not one for rules. My only one is don't google it. Either you know or you don't.
Throw out a lyric and challenge others to identify where it came from. This is not intended to repeat "stump the band"
I'll start with a local Michigan friend...
And an easy one
On a long lonesome hiway east of Omaha, you can listen to the engine moanin out its one note song.

We were just on that road Tuesday.

Maybe we need 3 lines starting with ...

Lyrics:
Title:
Artist:

Lyrics:  Pa ham mae dicter, oh Myfanwy,

English translation:  Why is it anger, O Myfanwy,

Hint: A love song.

A very famous Welsh love song.

Composer: Joseph Parry.
Lyrics written by: Richard Davies.

Popularly sung by many (all) Welsh male choirs.
Donny Osmond made a good attempt to sing it in a concert at Cardiff castle. He sings the first verse in English and the second in Welsh (to much audience approval). YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B0V4JnBIEU

I play (thumb strum) this song on my baritone ukulele.

Alpena Jeff said:
most or all will argue but...my generation many will title this as our theme song.

Yep, I could probably still do the drum solo from memory, and I'm not even a drummer!

Alpena Jeff said:
Another Michigan boy....
"You never met a mother xxxxxxxx quite like me".

Youngsters only in guessing.

aint  a youngster but kid rock, cocky, it is the song name..

"Run into the bedroom, the suitcase on the left you'll find my favorite ax"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom