T-Stat for 2nd A/C Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lone_star_dsl

One of the only failings of my KZ toy hauler is the fact that there is only a single a/c unit and it's right in the middle of the rig.  The garage portion has a skylight and next to it is a sticker notifying me that it is wired for a second air conditioning unit.

Here's my question, is that a/c unit also controlled by the same thermostat that controls the other one?

When we're in hot and humid areas, the existing a/c unit runs constantly to keep the living portion of the trailer cool and we use a 120v portable unit to keep the garage cool. If they were both on the same t-stat, the garage would freeze out long before the large living area cooled off.

If it's not on the same t-stat, I'll be on the hunt for a unit that has a wireless thermostat or at least a remote control, as the unit will be roughly 9' above the floor posing a real problem for reaching the unit mounted controls.

Thanks!

Options exist
It may have a wire behind the existing T-Stat
or behidn another panel in the area where it is to be mounted
Or none at all

A "Ceiling Control" unit (local control) takes all the guesswork out if you can easily reach it.

The second unit should come with its own T Stat. Ours is mounted just inside the bedroom door to the left (KZ Durango)

Here's my question, is that a/c unit also controlled by the same thermostat that controls the other one?

Probably not - it is likely just power wiring.  You can use a self-contained a/c with its own thermostat in the ceiling (a non-ducted model), or you can add your own thermostat wiring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom