Holey Moley - Residential fridge heads up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

Peteyboy

Was cleaning the floor under the slides today and noticed a plastic grille at the bottom of the fridge.  It was packed with that fluffy dust we get on the floors.  I popped the grille off and the coils inside were just as packed with the same stuff.  I got most of the dirt with a vaccum, but had to get the air compressor and blow the rear coils clean.  This was the first time I had cleaned these since we bought it new and don't even know what they do but don't believe they were working to their full capacity. This is a Kitchen Aide with the double doors on top and a slide out freezer on the bottom.  Seems to be a pretty common fridge in MH's.

Not uncommon, I have to clean the ones in our stick and brick home once a year from the dog hair, dust and pollen.

BTW the grill at the bottom front is a great place to dry out your wet shoes overnight, the air circulation always dried out my work boots by morning.

Cleaning the coils underneath is important as the frig will be more efficient and may last longer. If you have a pet, I would clean underneath at least every 3 months if not monthly. Your frig will thank you.

it would be nice if they pulled out for easier cleaning. ours is in the slide and is raised up about 3-4"
thanks for the tip

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom