Water Heater Booster Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

areFish

My water heater has a booster on/off switch, which is how it was explained to me. I?m not clear on what type of applications I?ll need to turn the booster on.  Does the trailer need to be on 30 amp hookup to run the booster or does the booster operate off of propane?

2018 Rockwood Geo Pro.

It?s not a booster, it?s an electric element. When you?re plugged in to electric it heats the water. While plugged in you can turn off the propane hot water heater switch and just use electric, or leave both on and use together for faster recovery.

Sun2Retire said:
It?s not a booster, it?s an electric element. When you?re plugged in to electric it heats the water. While plugged in you can turn off the propane hot water heater switch and just use electric, or leave both on and use together for faster recovery.

Thank you. 

Many water heaters are both gas and electric. Some are Gas OR electric, some gas And/Or Electric.
Mine is the latter. I replasced the 1500 watt electric element with one about 375 Watts. so I still get hot water using CG power.. but it takes a while to heat, and it takes a while to recover.. if multiple want showers. NO JOY.

BUT. I flip on the PROPANE (Gas) switch and recovery is fast .

Why did I "Downsize" the electric.. Well opver half the time I'm on a 30 amp site and I've not tripped that park 30 amp breaker since I downsized. NOT ONCE.. I went from 12 amps to 4.  Just for the heater.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom