replacement for sofa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wiredgeorge

We have the usual 68" sofa bed in our RV (Keystone Cougar 5th wheel) and it isn't very comfortable for sitting. I would like to replace it with either regular loveseat or perhaps even a reclining love seat. The cost of RV specific stuff is wayyyyyy out of my budget. I know some of you have used regular furniture. I know it must come apart to get through the cabin door (mine is less than 24" wide).

What SPECIFIC loveseat or reclining loveseat did you use and how did you get it in the cabin? In other words, did it fit through a less than 24" door? TIA  Saw one fella used a Lazyboy that looks perfect but he hasn't been on the forum for many months so pointless to message him. 

Attachments

• Cougar.16.jpg
    Cougar.16.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 48
We replaced our sofa/loveseat with a LazyBoy loveseat recliner. Much better ! We bought the loveseat at a local furniture store who delivered it. The backs slide off the recliners so it fit through the motorhome door.

Some recliners now come in two pieces so it would be easy to get it in the door.  The back of the recliner snaps into place. 

Robin

On carpet they don't move. 

We have two separate Lazy Boy recliners, the reason we like them is that the foot rest rises up higher than any other brand.  We try and buy nice used ones for $50-$100 each.  Most any city you go through Craig's list will have listings for a dozen or more.

The last pair we bought was $100 for my wife's and $40 for mine.  They were virtually unused.

Bought a Lazyboy reclining loveseat from a Facebook seller yesterday.  Got the old one out by myself in about 45 minutes but the missus had to help with the bottom part of the new sofa as it was too bulky and heavy for me to get in the trailer by myself.  If you are patient, you can find furniture that is in great condition and reasonably priced.  It is a LOT more comfy than the jackknife!  There isn't quite enough room on the slide platform for full stretch out mode but plenty for comfy reclining. 

Attachments

• lazyboy1.jpg
    lazyboy1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 36
Tom Hoffman said:
On carpet they don't move. 

We have two separate Lazy Boy recliners, the reason we like them is that the foot rest rises up higher than any other brand.  We try and buy nice used ones for $50-$100 each.  Most any city you go through Craig's list will have listings for a dozen or more.

The last pair we bought was $100 for my wife's and $40 for mine.  They were virtually unused.

When I took out my jackknife couch, I was surprised it wasn't bolted down or attached to the rear or sides.  I lifted the jackknife as if to pull it out and there were two screws (look like deck screws but had #2 S heads; the square heads) that attached the side brackets of the jackknife.  Once those were out, I set the jackknife in place and there was one more set of screws (one on each side) at the rear.  I just lifted out the jackknife/bed section and pulled the frame of the couch off.  The top just pulls out and off and the frame is basically a box.  The frame had 4" legs on each corner that I removed to make it easier to get through my 24" door.

I did note that when looking at youtube videos on jackknife couch removal, there are quite a few different styles so your experience may be different but they are not hard to remove, I think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom