Adding outdoor shower, plumbing help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpencerPJ

So, I have a 21' TT.  I'd like to add an outdoor shower, readily available from Amazon.  I have perfect spot outside, and works perfect under kitchen sink cabinets etc. 

Here is my question.  I know that I can splice into the 1/2" pex H & C , and put shark bite fittings with a 'T' and plumb to the outdoor shower. Limited space under there for a big guy and tools.

However, I also see that I might be able to get away with putting a 'T' at the inlet and outlet of the water heater; standard Atwood 1/2" connections. 

Does anyone see a problem in putting a 'T' on the H & C of the water heater, then regular plumbing sink lines to the outdoor shower?  as long as my 'T' is under 3", I can still use the dummy panel to hide.

Next question, are these 1/2" fittings 1/2" NPT, or some other type thread typically?  I unscrewed the pex to female fitting the attaches to the water heater, it had a small rubber like gasket inside.  Also, what is the typical thread of the connection to a plumbing facet, 1/2" npt ?

Many thanks for input, I'm hoping I can find necessary materials on Amazon. I'd like to conquer this project before I de-winterize for the camping season.

Back
Top Bottom