Hello I would like to buy a used 22' or less Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CapeDave

Hello all :)
Lost the old motor home the night before Easter to an inattentive driver.
The 1994 Damon Hornet 2002 gave up its last breath four hours from home on a 24 hour trip.
I can not believe that I have spent a week talking to dealers and NO ONE has a shorty class C for sale.
As a salesman put it OH you are looking for the rainbow colored unicorn with the popcorn machine strapped to its back.
Am looking for a Class C 19-22' over all, no slides and a rear bed.
Comparable Models Damon Hornet 2003, Coachmen Freelander 19cb, Coachmen Lepracon 190cb
I did find a 190cb out in CA for $58,000 thought that was a little rich when I can get a new one for less.
So Hi all any suggested place or sight to look ??
Thanks Dave

Search using rvtrader.com, rvt.com, Ebay, crigslist, etc

I think Cruise America and El Monte (rv rentals) use that size and they sell off their used coaches regularly.
https://www.cruiseamerica.com/rv-sales/used-class-c-rv/

I am looking in the I can afford it range, I could not tell you how many dealers have asked, What is your budget?
Lets start by do you have a USED Class C, no slides, 22' or less with a rear bed?
Sorry a year old unit that is three thousand more that this years discounted model is not used.
Have been searching for a couple of weeks called and have my name in at most of the Major Dealers.
Best one so far told the salesman what I was looking for sent me and advert for a highly discounted new 25fter with a side????
Narrowing it down looking for a 2005 or so Coachman 19cb or Leprechaun 190cb, or along those lines preferably Chevy powered.
If I wanted a 24----31' there is a ton of them, looked at a Triple E Regency that was in decent shape but it is 24' with a Ford v10.
So if you run into something please keep me in mind, still working with insurance on MH we just lost.

I am still shopping for my first one, and I have never come across anything under 24' with a rear bed. Not saying they don't exist but I am resigned to going to 26-28' and getting a rear bed.

When you see a shorter Class C with a rear bed it often is tucked into a corner and people get tired of trying to make them up.  They're also squeezed in and I've seen comments about no elbow room.  They might work with one person, but two people might be a very tight squeeze.  With that configuration the bathroom often is in the opposite corner.

ArdraF

Don't know about class c's, but Flair built a 22 ft class a in the late 90's. Was my first mh and worked well for weekending.

Ernie

Sales people try to sell you what they have, not what you need, and few RV sales people have much in the way of professional skills.

To keep in your budget range, go with an older RV of the type you want. Don't get hung up on the old used car syndrome - this is a house moreso than a car and condition is more important than age.

As you have seen, you aren't likely to find a rear bed in the smaller sizes - there simply isn't room.  There are both Class C and Class A in the 26 ft range that should be laid out the way you want, but you will have to scout a lot online to find them. Try searching rvtrader.com and rvt.com to find models that might work for you. At least identify the models & floor plans, and maybe find one to buy as well.

Thanks for the replies. It is all in what you want and what works for you.
We are coming out of a 1994 Damon Hornet 21 rear door, rear kitchen and bath. Going forward on right side, refridgerator and jackknife couch.
On the left side rear bath followed by closet then dinette. Sleeping was cab over bunk so it was tight to begin with and a long way up and down.
At the time I have lived in that unit for four months in the winter. Now we still want a camper for traveling and week long camping.
Short because we trailer a boat around with us. There is not many, but there is a few models that fit the bill.
The Freelander 21QB has always peeked our intrest, but it is 24'. We may have to just suck it up and go a little bigger.
Thanks Dave

Back
Top Bottom