Fan-Tastic Vent amp/pwr draw 6000 r vs 7350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Just replaced our 10 year old 6000 r vent with a new 7350 vent.  I have put together a table comparing the power draw of the two fans.  The old 6000 had the large fan motor and the new 7350 has the low profile fan motor.  Now the 6000 r data was put together a year or two ago using a clamp on amp meter and the 7350 data was gathered using my house battery shunt.  So there is few miliamp measurement differences built into the data. 

In general the 7350 draws more power at the two highest fan settings but it really uses very little power at the lowest settings and the off setting.  This might be of interest to boondockers who watch their power consumption.

Attachments

• 6000 vs 7350.jpg
    6000 vs 7350.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 30
Thank you for the information. We Boondock as much as we possibly can. We have two fantastic fans that came pre-installed in our 2010 Arctic fox 30 foot travel trailer, and we installed one in each of our previous two units. We find them excellent for moving air. At night, they bring a steady flow of fresh air in the bedroom window. Where we camp, that is usually enough, and they are surprisingly easy on the battery. I wish they would make a furnace fan as efficient as that!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom