Any class C out there with 2 A/C units?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVCRAZY1

I'm looking for a class C unit about 29-33 ft that has 2 A/c units,  I used to have a class A and I know how hot it is traveling in the south mid-summer with people in back.  Just seems like 1 a/c unit wouldn't cut it.  Am I wrong?

I read Jayco has a new model Class C with two A/C.  Look in their webpage.

I have a Nexus Ghost super C that has two 15k units.  Stays nice and cool. 34?

I read a post fairly recently about someone replacing the bedroom vent with a 2nd ac unit.  The problem is that most standard C units are 30 amp so there's not quite enough power for two full sized units. 
I wish they made a small 5,000 btu roof unit for that application.
It would be nice in mine to have just a bit extra capacity...but honestly it's really only needed to cool down an already hot unit, say that's been parked, then trying to cool it down right in the hottest part of the day.....or arriving at a sunny campsite at 3PM on a really hot day.

A Class C up to about 30 ft is small enough inside that one a/c is probably ok, but at 33 ft you are talking a Super-C and probably a couple slides. That's a lot more interior volume and likely has a separate bedroom that could use it's own a/c.
Thor (Chateau & Four Winds), Jayco (Seneca) and Nexus have models in that range.

As blw2 already noted, you will want 50A shore power and a suitable generator if you plan to use two a/c units.

Back
Top Bottom