Salmon Report 4/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seon

Buddy and I trolled for Salmon at Moss Landing, Ca today launching at 6am then called it a day at 12:30pm when the wind picked up.  Lots of weekend warriors trolling but based on the skuttlebutt at the launch ramp that there weren't too many Salmon boated.
We were fortunate to catch this one.

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2199/2749607/24578098/413852181.jpg

Interesting. I'd have thought it was way too early to catch salmon. Normally, they get ready (in the Pacific) late august to run the rivers.

Seon said:
Buddy and I trolled for Salmon at Moss Landing, Ca today launching at 6am then called it a day at 12:30pm when the wind picked up.  Lots of weekend warriors trolling but based on the skuttlebutt at the launch ramp that there weren't too many Salmon boated.
We were fortunate to catch this one.

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2199/2749607/24578098/413852181.jpg

VERY nice!  :))

Tom said:
Interesting. I'd have thought it was way too early to catch salmon. Normally, they get ready (in the Pacific) late august to run the rivers.

Fish markets are nice.  ;D

Rene T said:
Fish markets are nice.  ;D
Next best thing if you don't catch your own Rene. We hit the fish markets several times while in Florida. Their grouper and the pink shrimp?????? I forget what they are called pink something, jumbo, about half the size of my hand. Season, drop on a hot grill, taste like lobster.
Sorry, I had a flashback. Second best to catching yourself!

For me, the highlight is just being on my boat fishing and not necessarily catching.

As for the RV and camping, that's the wife's thing and being married for 53 yrs, I learned to support her...and in return she'll let me go fishing  ;)  ;D .

Tom said:
I'm guessing it's a spring king salmon?
I recently learned that northern California rivers have king runs both in spring and fall.

Back
Top Bottom