Plumbing Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

areFish

Note:  I?ve not taken my trailer out for it?s first voyage yet.

My Rockwood Geo Pro has three holding tanks.  Fresh water closest to the hitch, ?Waste Water Holding Tank / Sewer Outlet Connection? in front of the axel and ?Galley Tank? behind the axel.  The two waste water tanks have individual termination valves.  I?m wondering if the galley tank collects all grey water or if its the kitchen sink only (1 kitchen sink, 1 bath sink, shower / tub, no outside sink). 

There doesn?t seem to be any connection between these two waste water tanks.  When emptying these tanks I take it I will empty the sewer outlet connection first, disconnect sewer hose, reattach to the galley tank and then empty that tank?

Also, when the owners manual calls for draining the water heater (but doesn?t explain how) does this mean pulling the anode or should there be a water heater specific drain valve?

areFish said:
Also, when the owners manual calls for draining the water heater (but doesn?t explain how) does this mean pulling the anode or should there be a water heater specific drain valve?

To drain the tank completely, you need to pull the drain plug like you say, the plug has the anode. This would be a Suburban water heater. This would also be a good time to flush it out with a flusher.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Camco/CAM11691.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-fz814e82gIVRL7ACh3gBAOwEAQYASABEgLj6fD_BwE

Make sure you shut off the switch for the propane and also the small rocker switch in the lower left hand corner behind the outside access door. That's if you have the 110 volt AC heater element option.

The specs for the Geo Pro show separate gray and black tanks, so I'm guessing the galley tank you described catches all gray waste water.  I would open the galley tank drain and run some water in the shower & bath sink to verify.  It's not unusual for the bath sink to drain to the black tank, since it is convenient to it, but rare for the shower to also drain there. Different versions (length & floor plan) of the Geo Pro may be plumbed differently as well.

If the galley gray tank is not tied to the waste outlet for the black tank, then yes, move the sewer hose to the gray after dumping the black. If you want, there are Y sewer hose connectors available that would enable both tanks to connect to a single hose for dumping, but that's of value only if you will leave the rig set up and connected to an onsite sewer inlet.

The water heater drain is at the bottom edge of the heater itself. If it's a Suburban heater, that is also where the anode is attached, but Atwood's do not use an anode.

Thank you for the help. I hooked up the city water for the first time today.  The galley tank catches all waste water sans the toilet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom