Sold a house, bought a house, ordered a motorhome-all in 2 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UTTransplant

I am still reeling a bit. We are now on our way from Utah to Iowa. Sold the Utah house (hot market there), bought a house in Iowa near kids and grandkids, and we ordered a new motorhome that should deliver in June. I guess when things move that quickly and that smoothly it is a sign it was meant to happen. I am just slightly off kilter though, like I am waiting for the next shoe to drop. Probably it will be various surprises in Iowa. This is the first brand new house we have ever bought, a builder?s model. It has no blinds, no,shower curtains, not even toilet paper holders! The household goods are in a couple of trailers somewhere on their way too. Luckily there is a nice RV park not too far from the house we can stay until we have enough unpacked to move into the house.

Exciting times!  I am sure you will be happy to be closer to the family and vice versa.  Looking forward to hearing more about it when you get settled and to see some pics!  Hope all goes smoothly.

Got the news last night that our new coach starts build on 8 May. After SargeW?s great pictures of his build, we are definitely going to Alabama to watch. It will be nice to know how wires are routed and what is behind the walls for later modifications. Oh, and we got about half our furniture delivered today! The rest will come on Monday.

UTTransplant said:
Got the news last night that our new coach starts build on 8 May. After SargeW?s great pictures of his build, we are definitely going to Alabama to watch. It will be nice to know how wires are routed and what is behind the walls for later modifications. Oh, and we got about half our furniture delivered today! The rest will come on Monday.
Based on Marty's posts looks worth taking video and photos if allowed! 

Arch Hoagland said:
Does your new house have a place to keep the RV next to it?
New place is on a fairly small trapezoidal lot that is bigger in the front than the back. Yeah for less mowing! Even if the CC&Rs allowed long term parking, there just isn?t room. We have rented an enclosed storage unit with electricity. It will be a good spot for Kevin to work on the modifications that will need to be done. It will also let us keep the residential refrigerator turned on all the time. That refrigerator is so big it would have been a pain to empty it each trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom