Sound bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marshall212

Has anyone tackled the DIY project of mounting a sound bar under the front TV? I have a Samsung Smart TV and the speakers are partially hidden behind the mounting cabinet. I am thinking a sound bar would enhance the sound quality and lower the volume needed to watch the TV especially when seated in the booth. Thoughts?

I went to Best Buy and got a Vizio 5.1 system on sale before black friday last year.  I Had to raise the tv up about a quarter of an inch to have sound bar fit under and the remote "see" the tv.....sensor for remote is low on our tv.....anyway the rear speakers connect to the sub for power and the sub is flat!  The soundbar is 2" x 2" and the rear speakers are the same but 5" long.  Connected to the ARC connection on the tv via HDMI and good to go. 

Don't have any pics, but I mounted a 32" flat screen in place of the 19" CRT TV that came with my coach.  Used a double hinge wall mount and the TV sits outside the cabinets.  There was enough room under it to mount a 32" Vizeo soundbar to the face of the cabinet below the TV.

Bonus.  The soundbar was a cheapie, and wasn't supposed to work with any universal remotes except the Vizeo brand.  While trying to program the Dish remote to work the TV, I accidentally discovered a code that works the sound bar.  Now I don't have to use multiple remotes.

Up-sized from the OEM 32" X brand, to a 40" Vizio TV and Vizio Sound bar.. Wow What A Difference in Picture & Sound quality !

Raised the TV mount, up 1/2", to accommodate the sound bar underneath, held it in place with 3 Scotch Lock pads. Staying with Vizio~Vizio.. both a controlled with the TV remote.

Life Is Good(er)  :) ;)

I think it was Sarge that did one on his old coach. Looked great when he was done.

We haven't modified one for use in the motorhome, but a friend recently gave us one which we have been using in the living room.  We just got a second one for another room.  We got a ZVOX AccuVoice TV Speaker and the thing I like about it is the Equalizer feature that smooths out changes in volume so the ads don't boom.  Also, some of my favorite shows don't have very good microphone placement and the people's voices aren't clear, so that's an improvement.  They also have one for people who wear hearing aids that you can take to your audiologist for maximum hearing adjustment.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get one for the motorhome so I'll be interested in hearing more about this topic.

ArdraF

Depending on the location of the TV and stereo system, you may be able to connect your TV to the stereo system using RCA cables or optic cable. In our 5th wheel the TV sits above the stereo system and was able to connect the TV to an unused input on the stereo system.

Back
Top Bottom