Willie or Willie Not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw him a few years ago when he was 80. He played a charity gig at a little arena a few towns over from where I live. Probably about 1000 people there. I was expecting him to be surrounded by other players, and him kinda just playing along. Not the case. He was the only guitar player. He had a bass player, a drummer, and a violin player. Being a guitar player myself, I can appreciate what a great player he is. It was a very memorable concert. He played for two hours without a break. He even had the old gals throwing their bras on stage. Not bad for 80 at the time. Hes a legend.

I was supposed to see Willie last year at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield.  But he had to cancel due to illness.  Good to hear he's up and about again.

We lived in Redding for about twelve years before we began full-timing.  His ranch was in Palo Cedro, not far away.  He put on a couple of concerts with the admission being a toy for needy children.  He called them the Red Wagon concerts and wanted to fill all the red wagons he donated with toys.  He walked on stage, began playing, and never stopped for a couple of hours.  He made sure to sing all the old favorites and also the local-themed songs (Silverthorne Mountain).  He loved Lake Shasta, had his houseboat docked at Silverthorne Resort and later at Digger Bay Marina.  He also sponsored bass tournaments in the area.  He was a very multi-faceted artist and person.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom