Judy and I will be celebrating 40 years of marriage this October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few people on this thread have list their partners. It must be a very tough thing to go through. I hope all the happy memories you shared still brings joy to your heart.

48 years next month for Sharon and I.  We got married at 17 the day after I graduated high school..
We drove to NC and got married the next day.

Bob

Attachments

• bob and sharon at Byron.jpg
    bob and sharon at Byron.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Bob and Sharon on 87 husky 4.jpg
    Bob and Sharon on 87 husky 4.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 29
hedhunter9 said:
48 years next month for Sharon and I.  We got married at 17 the day after I graduated high school..
We drove to NC and got married the next day.

Bob
And they say marrying young never works.  Congrats Bob & Sharon.  You have the record for youth marriage.  I stole my bride when she was 18.

Bill

jackiemac said:
A few people on this thread have list their partners. It must be a very tough thing to go through. I hope all the happy memories you shared still brings joy to your heart.

I think the only thing that comes close to loosing a long time partner is sitting next to her hospital bed while 3 different cartiologists say she needs a valve in her heart replaced while at the same time 2 different heart surgeons tell you she won't make it off the table.
Lucky for us, the 3rd surgeon looked at her and said,"I can do it", and he did.  Now in her 2nd week of recovery.

Old_Crow said:
I think the only thing that comes close to loosing a long time partner is sitting next to her hospital bed while 3 different cartiologists say she needs a valve in her heart replaced while at the same time 2 different heart surgeons tell you she won't make it off the table.
Lucky for us, the 3rd surgeon looked at her and said,"I can do it", and he did.  Now in her 2nd week of recovery.
I have the utmost respect for these special people. I'm glad you found him. Hope your wife continues to recover well. Scary time. Hope you are wearing your best maid's outfit  :D

Best wishes to you both.

You don't know how close you are, Jackie.  I'll see if I can get the pic off FB.
I didn't tell her that they had to stop her heart during the procedure(until afterwards), but it was all I could think of while sitting in the waiting room.

Congratulations!  We're coming up on 39 together, 34 married this year.  We're 55..  High School Sweethearts!

Old_Crow said:
You don't know how close you are, Jackie.  I'll see if I can get the pic off FB.
I didn't tell her that they had to stop her heart during the procedure(until afterwards), but it was all I could think of while sitting in the waiting room.
I feel for you.  It must have been awful.  At least that is over with now and she can get on with the recovery as can you.

My OH has had a few heart attacks and now has 5 stents fitted, he is only 55, first attack at 46, hereditary unfortunately.  He has been lucky as nothing life threatening.  It does prey on my mind though when he feels unwell (and probably his).  Last time, fall 2015,  they put 3 new stents in, unblocked the old 2 and another part of an artery that they had left first time round.  He got the best guy in Scotland, who doesn't normally do elective surgery.  He had indigestion type symptoms but had a feeling it was his heart and it was confirmed with a stress test.  Now he just takes his medication and we hope that the arteries don't block up any more....  At least we live in a time when there are options.

PS will wait for the photo  :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom