Jeep left in gear catches RV on fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I leave the engine in the Jeep run while I hook it up.  I then put the transfer case in neutral, push the clutch on the Jeep, put the tranny in gear and then let out the clutch.  Doesn't take much to tell for sure it's in neutral.
I also took the lock tab out of the ignition switch so I don't even have to leave the keys in the Jeep.

It seems to me that any TPMS would have sensed excess heat from the dinghy well before that Jeep caught on fire.

With the Blue-Ox Tow Bars.. I usually hook up. then shut off the car (After moving to Neutral) and PUSH the car manually to extend the bars.. That way I know it is in neutral. beyond a doubt.

search RV Checklist on droid - its a nice free app and you can fully edit the list.  I have about 12 - some for storage, some for leaving a campsite, and some for just doing my monthly exercise of the MH.  It lets you check off, then when done you can clear the list for next time.

I found the RV Checklist app to be far too complicated. Way too many items on the provided checklists, trying to be all things to all people. It also has a very clunky interface for editing the lists.

I installed a free app called simply ?My Checklist? that is much easier to use. If you search for it, the app icon is a big, blue check mark.

Back
Top Bottom