Splinter ukulele group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Our 70-strong ukulele band has a number of splinter groups who select and present 'new' numbers at our open mic' sessions. Our Band In The Bay (as in Discovery Bay) splinter group met at our S&B house last evening to practice one number and begin learning another. Due to travel and other commitments, only 6 of the 12 members showed up, but a fun time was had by all. Chris was a gracious host and made sure everyone was fed and lubricated.

Attachments

• IMG_1744-2.jpg
    IMG_1744-2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 20
The Beatles' Please Release Me was relatively easy to learn. A lot more difficult for the group is Bruno Mars' You Can Count On Me. A few You Tube videos helped, but we still have a way to go to get this one down. We missed our guitar player last evening.

Tom said:
The Beatles' Please Release Me was relatively easy to learn. A lot more difficult for the group is Bruno Mars' You Can Count On Me. A few You Tube videos helped, but we still have a way to go to get this one down. We missed our guitar player last evening.
The pub singer's song  ;D

Our splinter uke group met again last evening, and made a lot of progress on Bruno Mars' You Can Count On Me. We modified the lead sheet after listening to his You Tube rendition several times.

I'm told that this song is sung in schools as a way to counter bullying, and lots of kids know it.

Another practice for our splinter uke group last evening at a members' home.

We have one number nailed (Eight Days A Week).

Count On Me is getting there.

Someone To Lava is another challenge, both vocally and musically.

Our splinter group hasn't met for several weeks but, with open mic' night coming up tomorrow, 6 of us met at our home last evening. Two other couples are traveling. We beat 'Lava' to death, making multiple changes to the lead sheet (mainly phrasing) after listening to the original several times. Looks like we're close, and will have one final short practice before going live tomorrow evening. Doesn't look like we're ready for prime time with 'You Can Count On Me', but maybe the next open mic'.

Our offering at the last open mic' ('Eight Days A Week') got added to the band's portfolio, which gave everyone a little boost in confidence. The group wants to continue practicing while the main band is on hiatus through the summer.

I got to talk about the impromptu music sessions at our RV lot in WY.

Back
Top Bottom