EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Wifi hotspot  (Read 207 times)

jtcowman

• ---
Wifi hotspot
« on: April 16, 2018, 05:06:41 PM »
Hello All,
I am fixin to take the plunge and get a hot spot for the trailer.  I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a hot spot/carrier?  I am leaning toward verizon because of their coverage in the Northwest, but I am on totally new ground.  Any suggestions would be welcome!
Thanks, Jim

donn

• ---
Re: Wifi hotspot
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:52:02 PM »
Do you have a smart phone?  Then that will do just fine despite what Verizon stores tell you.  The latest MIFI does a good job.  There is one, I think the latest version that is capable of inputing from an external antenna.  Which is a good thing.
Verizon doea offer the best coverage.  But you might check first where you spend most of your time how the coverage map looks.  I know our favorite camp ground wifi is only good until aboit 6:30 in the morning even with Verizon,

Bill and Debbie

• ---
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:24:37 PM »
I use my IPhone 6 as a hotspot for internet use via my tablet. Had a Jetpack for a while but realized it really wasn't necessary and costing $ each month. Phone hotspot is free. Carrier is Verizon.
William Bonsell
Poulsbo, WA

2010 CT Coachworks Siena 35V
1999 Cherokee Sport with Roadmaster Falcon 5250

Dream Chasers

• ---
  • Be Brave - Take Risks - Nothing Beats Experience
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »
We have Verizon and Sheryl uses an Ellipsis Jet Pack for logging into work with  her laptop. When using her cell phone for this, it gets very hot and we are afraid of damaging the battery, so she just uses the Ellipsis. We both use our phones as  hotspots when using our tablets. Neither streams anything more than short videos. Mostly we just email, looking at websites and, of course, this forum.
Sheryl & Bobby and Roxie the Yorkie
Polk City, Florida
2015 Forest River Berkshire 34QS
2011 Honda CRV SE

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:28:00 PM »
We're on Verizon and  use my Note 2 smartphone as a hotspot.   
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

Hosted by Over The Network