Wall Covering Above Cab Windows - Wrinkled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lakejumper

Hi, I am noticing some wrinkling/creasing of the wall covering right above the top of the window frames in the front cab windows. It could be happening on other Windows but I can't see because of the valances. Being a new Class A owner I wasn't sure if this normal. There is no leaking that I can find and I'm thinking that it is from movement from either leveling or going down the road.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 51
That same wrinkling occurs in my fifth wheel as well. I always assumed it was caused from heat but that is just a guess. I doubt there is anything that can be done to fix it but hopefully someone here will have the answer.

Heat makes sense because that area in particular gets very hot from exposure. It looks like the wall covering is stretched.

That's pretty common on all kinds of RVs. The wallboard gets stressed due to some flexing of the chassis and house and the skin stretches.

And welcome to the forum!

Thanks John. I was a "lurker" on this board many years ago when I bought my fort RV! I came back
here yesterday for the first time in ages and it sure has grown! I was surprised to find a Winnebago-specific subforum.

For a couple of reasons I left another popular forum that had a Winnie specific board and asked Tom (big kahuna here) if he would consider starting a Winnebago specific board here. And he agreed (to the surprise of several people!) That was ten years ago, hard to believe it has been that long. I know the director of marketing at Winnebago and they agreed to financially support the forum, so it's been a win-win for everybody. I have a few other friends at Winnebago and they have been a huge help with technical questions.

John,
Does Winnie also support other forums?  I think they are big in IRV2, which now moved to Winnieowners I think.  Not sure where WIT actually is but it's not real active anyway.

I always thought that was the window frame movement, pulling on the vinyl.  I've never really seen how the windows are attached - if direct to the siding then maybe they can't move but if just sandwiched around the siding then pulled tight, I suppose they could bounce or move a bit.

Mile High said:
John,
Does Winnie also support other forums?  I think they are big in IRV2, which now moved to Winnieowners I think.  Not sure where WIT actually is but it's not real active anyway.
I'm not sure, I would imagine so. Winnebago contracts with a marketing firm to run with those details.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom