2016 Navion 24J Waste Storage Compartment Repair - Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piper_and_Mrs_V

The '16 Navion has a relatively new means of storing the collapsible  waste water hose.  Rather than using a plastic storage tube, Winnebago engineered a clever polyethylene box which is clamped onto the rear body wall panel via a PVC flange.  The hose, when inserted, actually doubles back on itself making use of otherwise dead space between the shower wall and the outside rear storage compartment.  It is designed with a second mounting point at the top rear of the box or container which has a hole allowing it to be mounted to a structural member.  On our coach, this was left unattached which allowed the storage container to fall away from the storage opening and get caught (pinched) to where we could not remove the hose.

I called Winnebago Customer Service and when the Rep saw the 3D image of the design, he was surprised.  That said, Winnebago C/S is outstanding and Steve sent me the information that I required to make the fix. The attached PDF shows my functional solution. 

Due to file size upload limits, I've posted "Part 1" and "Part 2" PDFs to show my solution.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Waste Hose Storage Compartment Repair - PART 1.pdf
    214.4 KB · Views: 26
The '16 Navion waste hose storage compartment issue:  "Part 2 of 3" PDF showing my solution.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Waste Hose Storage Compartment Repair - Part 2 of 3.pdf
    342.7 KB · Views: 28
The '16 Navion waste hose storage compartment issue:  "Part 3 of 3" PDF showing my solution.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Waste Hose Storage Compartment Repair - Part 3 of 3.pdf
    347.5 KB · Views: 24
Very good writeup.  I found it quite interesting as they moved the location for our 17 Nav J.  However, it still does not accommodate fittings so I simply use a large storage tub in the forward compartment near the driver door.  Works well and we still have plenty of outside storage.  Glad you were able to make use of your hose  storage compartment.

Back
Top Bottom