What GPS to use with Thor's weird "AXXERA" touch screen dash?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We recently got a Thor Class A. I knew going in that the weird touch screen dash didn't include navigation, but the Thor reps assured me I could just plug in any RV GPS and it would be cloned on the touch screen.

Well, so far as I can tell, there are no RV GPS units that have the required output to clone on this screen. It looks like the reps should have said that it only works with phones that have installed AXXERA's "dual mirror" app. However, I'm willing to admit I may be mistaken.

So, are there any good RV GPS units that someone has confirmed to work with the touch screen display in 2017 Thor Class A RVs?

If not, are there any good threads with reviews of RV-specific GPS apps for Android phones?

There is a spot on my dash that is 1: Blank 2: Has support under it (Steering column housing) and 3 THe size (or actually a bit larger) than my Samsung Galaxy S-7 Smart phone

I just did 1200+ miles. most of 'em with Google Maps routing me.  (The last 80 or so.. Well. Those were in what used to be my "Office" do I really did not need Google's Help)

Seneca SC to Maryland.. then around there a bit in my car (not counted in the above) then MD to Davison MI where they have yet to turn on the water but.. I"M PARKED!!!! and not turning that key for TWO WEEKS no way no how!!

My Thor motor home has a GPS built into the touchscreen I haven't tried it on a trip but it seems to work.
I was able to sync my phone to it on Bluetooth and stream music instead of using the radio.

glen54737 said:
My Thor motor home has a GPS built into the touchscreen I haven't tried it on a trip but it seems to work.
I was able to sync my phone to it on Bluetooth and stream music instead of using the radio.

I wish they just put GPS in all the models, or at least made it an available option. With the Outlaws, you literally can't get factory GPS.

They claim in the marketing videos that this is a "feature," since everyone already has their favorite GPS that they're comfortable with, but I'd much rather be able to see it on the big touch screen vs. the little screen on the GPS unit (not to mention finding a good place to stick the GPS and/or hoping the suction cup doesn't fail if you stick it on the windshield).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom