Plumbing access

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binkleton

Hello All,
    I have a 1999 Safari Class C Classic. Have been able to fix all the problems that come with a 19 year old RV (so far) except one. The valve that switches from city water to tank fill leaks. The leak doesn't scare me. I can fix plumbing. My problem is Access. The valve is mounted on a bulkhead (along with cable, outside shower, tank dump handles and plumbing manifold) Removing all the screws around the perimeter of the bulkhead was easy. The problem is the panel won't come out- it's too big too fit out the access panel. Is there another way in to these valves? Maybe I should be asking how to access the waste tank valves. They seem to be in close proximity. Any suggestions?

An all-too-common problem with RVs!  They probably added the outer access after the interior plumbing work was done.  every RV is different, so pictures would surely help, but sometimes you just have to use the brute force approach, e.g. cut or bend.  I've replaced fittings working blind as well.

Took the brute force approach. Cut the panel top to bottom and was able to gain access. Now I can get at the dump valves if I need to. So that's a bonus. Now to find a replacement valve. Wish me luck. Doesn't seem to be a standard part. May have to do some custom plumbing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom