Where's the drain valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grady said:
Trail Lite 7253 rv has a 30 gallon fresh water tank.  Can't find a drain valve or plug.  Anyone?

If there is no pipe extending down under the RV with either a valve or a blank cap,, you'll probably have to locate the tank and trace the drain line. Is the tank under the bed? If it is, the valve may be accessible from under the bed. 

Thanks for the quick reply!  TT has a skin over the bottom, so nothing really accessible.  There is an unknown small shutoff valve at very front of TT partially hidden by spare tire.  Does not drain Anything when opened. The FW tank is full.  I unscrewed the fill pipe lid in  case it was vacuum locked. Nada.

Without eyes on not a lot I can tell you but I've only found tank drains in two places.. Alas the one on my current tank is in the WRONG place.

All the trailers it was under the tank, I crawled down and there it was.

On my motor home it's in teh tank "Bay" on the line to the pump. This leaves about 1-1.5 inch of water in teh tank (Why it's the WRONG place).. To get tank completly empty I had to build a sucker

On my FW, it is a gate valve accessible only from under the camper.  It is tight against the bottom skin and directly below the fresh water tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom