Just want to GO - but waiting on the !#*$ weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kportra

I am really anxious to get going on some weekend/week-long camping trips.  I don't think we'll be below freezing again (much) but our camping destinations are in the mountains and are full of snow.  While I am itching to go, I also don't want to get there and be couped up in the trailer due to the cold.  Just sharing my frustration!  This was the latest spring snow we've had in a long long time and I'm OVER it.

We're in the same boat here in upstate NY, kporta. I feel your pain. We never camp earlier than Mother's Day weekend but this year we got it in our heads to start on 4/27. And of course Winter just won't give up! We don't have much snow left but every day we either get a dusting of snow, ice, or it rains all day (like today). It's supposed to warm up (if you consider high 50's "warm") starting this Sunday...we'll see.

We aren't planning any trips til June but,yeah,I'm feeling it too.  Last year was cold and crappy,hope for good weather this year.

And to top it off our record snowfall - all over Montana - is going to lead to a lot of spring/early summer flooding.  We'll make the best of it - when we finally can get out.

I made the MISTAKE of a too early trip for our maiden trip in mid March.  Temps were okay - mid 60's - but I got stuck in the soft dirt in my own back yard, and needed winched out before we could leave home!

We are having the same problem in reverse. We are ready to go home to NW Illinois but they keep getting more snow and freezing temperatures.
I don?t want to have to winterize the coach until late fall.
I?m so glad to miss the Illinois winter this year.

grashley said:
I made the MISTAKE of a too early trip for our maiden trip in mid March.  Temps were okay - mid 60's - but I got stuck in the soft dirt in my own back yard, and needed winched out before we could leave home!

LOL - our camper sits on a concrete pad next to our garage but the friends we are camping with next weekend keep theirs in a barn about 200' behind the house. He has not tried to drag it out yet but I told him I'd come rescue his Ford with my GMC if he sinks in the yard.  8)  ;D  ::)

I'm seriously jealous of their barn - the camper sits inside nice and dry all winter - but I guess every perk has a down side.

Got Stuck in SC bit over a week ago when I went to a shop to get a minor repair done (Bicycle fix)
Got winched out (Thank you Nationwide)
Got to MD 2 days later 80+_
Went to visit young lady 80 even (next day), we chatted, and all went to church 
Went back next day to help her with a project that got cancelled due to 50 degreesd and rain
Turned hest back on when I got to CG
Left MD in th 40s
Now in Davisdon MI 29 when I got up this am, 40's now.

At least the water tanks keep warmer than the outside air so I'm in good shape water wise.

Oh the joy.

Back
Top Bottom