Class B bathrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Since this B section remains quite here is another easy to view video on a class B issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMX3xLEMOWk

Len and Jo said:
Since this B section remains quite here is another easy to view video on a class B issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMX3xLEMOWk

I have had RV bathrooms on my mind since my post about hot showers so I found this video helpful.  :)

Chameleonxanth said:
Forgive my ignorance; what is a 170M?

A Winnebago

https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/tampa-fl/class-b/winnebago-era-21021693

I also had no idea what a "170M" was.  I see now it is a Winnebago ~$100k 24 footer.

Isaac-1 said:
Just wait it will be a $50K used RV with 25,000 miles on it in 5 or 6 years.

I was going to quip that I could wait 18 years and get it for around 12K but it occurs, I don't have that much time.  :/  lol 

We'll have to settle for something else.  Something used, but in great shape, with all kinds of pop outs, that turns into a little apartment when stationary and popped.  :) 

Or something used and in not so great shape that we can work on for a few years, refurb and trick out.  :)  Ah, to dream.

As someone that has probably spent way too much money fixing up my current coach, my advice is to opt for one that is already in good condition and question any money you may spend on it to fix it up more.

I paid a bit over $20,000 for my current coach 2 years ago, which was already well updated and in about as good of shape as one could reasonably expect of a 15 year old coach, and in those 2 years I have spent close of another $10,000 on maintenance, updates, and upgrades of which perhaps $2,500 were honestly necessary (brake repair, new batteries, dash air conditioner repair, fluids flushed), and another $2,000 were probably a good idea (TPMS, GPS, spare tire and carrier, new wireless backup camera, even the gas BBQ grill probably falls in this category), the rest starts to get a lot more gray, like the $600 I spent on a magneshade sun screen for the front windshield, or the $25 I spent on a high output LED porch light, or the $95 I spent on a Gen-Turi generator exhaust stack that I have only needed once, or the $100 I spent on a used (new in box) Sani-Con Tank buddy, that is still new in the box after over a year, even though they retail online for $250, is it a deal when you don't use it? 

Isaac-1 said:
As someone that has probably spent way too much money fixing up my current coach, my advice is to opt for one that is already in good condition and question any money you may spend on it to fix it up more.

I paid a bit over $20,000 for my current coach 2 years ago, which was already well updated and in about as good of shape as one could reasonably expect of a 15 year old coach, and in those 2 years I have spent close of another $10,000 on maintenance, updates, and upgrades of which perhaps $2,500 were honestly necessary (brake repair, new batteries, dash air conditioner repair, fluids flushed), and another $2,000 were probably a good idea (TPMS, GPS, spare tire and carrier, new wireless backup camera, even the gas BBQ grill probably falls in this category), the rest starts to get a lot more gray, like the $600 I spent on a magneshade sun screen for the front windshield, or the $25 I spent on a high output LED porch light, or the $95 I spent on a Gen-Turi generator exhaust stack that I have only needed once, or the $100 I spent on a used (new in box) Sani-Con Tank buddy, that is still new in the box after over a year, even though they retail online for $250, is it a deal when you don't use it?

I read this to my husband because it's got some great information in it as regards what condition to buy, unexpected expenditures, etc.

As it happens, husband was just showing me pictures of a 1988 Georgia Boy Cruiser, listed in good condition for $3,800.  It only has 25000 miles on it and looks nice in the pictures. 

We are not ready to buy just yet, but it is nice to know such things are out there.  Although, I think I read someone's post recently wherein it was noted that it is maybe not such a good thing, an RV with very low miles?

Thank you for the tips.  :)

Chameleonxanth said:
Forgive my ignorance; what is a 170M?

Sorry to not reply sooner: a Winnie ERA 170M is a sprinter-based class B with a slide-out, murphy bed, and dry bath.

The design gets poo-poo-ed a lot as too big, too much space wasted in a dry bath, too much storage, too much risk to a slide-out... but my 6'6" self can sleep in the bed without kicking cabinetry all night long, my wife is happy she's not pooping in the shower, and it really can store an amazing amount of stuff.

Isaac-1 said:
Just wait it will be a $50K used RV with 25,000 miles on it in 5 or 6 years.

Funny story: DW and I rented a Leisure Travel Super Slide, which was basically the design Winnie copied. We decided on the way home to buy one, and found out they'd gone out of production, and used ones were hard to find because people didn't let them go.

Then we saw the Winnie 170C (a verbatim copy of the SS ), spent a year or two getting our finances together to buy one, and they stopped making it.

So, when the 170M came out, we jumped on it almost sight unseen, lest it vanish on us again.

We just took our first trip in our new to us Roadtrek 210. Coming from a class A, I was eyeing the bathroom with some apprehension but was pleasantly surprised the functionality, room, and ease of use of the facilities.
  I won?t go into how well it drives, how little fuel it uses, and how impressed I am with it.

bigfatguy said:
Sorry to not reply sooner: a Winnie ERA 170M is a sprinter-based class B with a slide-out, murphy bed, and dry bath.

The design gets poo-poo-ed a lot as too big, too much space wasted in a dry bath, too much storage, too much risk to a slide-out... but my 6'6" self can sleep in the bed without kicking cabinetry all night long, my wife is happy she's not pooping in the shower, and it really can store an amazing amount of stuff.

Thank you for this reply.  I watched a short video on these; they are pretty and seem very lux for the size.  A bit small for us and well above our price range, but I'm finding as I hang out here that while there do seem to be some generally unpopular models, the choice of RV really is about the people using it, their needs.

I mean, obviously, but what I'm trying to convey is that it seems a very personalized thing and what is perfect for one -- you know, Ima stop because this is coming out trite no matter how I try to tweak it, but you get the idea.  :)

Len and Jo said:
I also had no idea what a "170M" was.  I see now it is a Winnebago ~$100k 24 footer.

Actually it is just the number of that particular floor plan for the Winnebago ERA class B RV.

There is a lot of good things to be said about Winnebago, particularly when it comes to parts support, and documentation, build sheet and design plans availability, etc.  You don't see that in any other RV company that I can think of.

Isaac-1 said:
There is a lot of good things to be said about Winnebago, particularly when it comes to parts support, and documentation, build sheet and design plans availability, etc.  You don't see that in any other RV company that I can think of.

I think those will be useful benefits for first-time owners, as we will be. 

Back
Top Bottom