truck toolbox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidT2252

I am getting ready to pick up my first fifth wheel camper. My truck is a 2016 ram shortbed. On my truck I have a low profile(3.5") across the bed toolbox. Can the toolbox stay or do I need to remove it.  I had a pullrite slide hitch installed.

Thanks

I'm guessing you mean across the very front of the bed, under the back window. Mine was never a problem.

If the hitch went in without disturbing the box, you should be fine.  The FW should have 6 inch clearance above the bed rails.

grashley said:
If the hitch went in without disturbing the box, you should be fine.  The FW should have 6 inch clearance above the bed rails.

I concure with the Preacher man the hitch in the bed may need more room to clear the box if not your good to go other than the height over the rails 6 inches is needed. I have a Lund chest box in my truck but its a long box so a little extra space between the hitch and the front of the box but i also have a bakflip fold up cover and the front of the 5 er clears it when folded up which is about 4inches

So sounds like the camper will never get closer than 6" to the bedrails? The top of the toolbox is 3.5" above the bedrails. It is across the bed type, right behind the cab.

The camper SHOULD NOT get closer the 6 inches...  A low hitch setup could cause an issue, but properly adjusted, you are correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom