Motorhome tire covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My coach came with a set of tire covers, they were bought by some previous owner, and show no signs of use.  The previous owner told me he never used them either, and they generally don't fit in with my style of travel, never staying in the same place more than 4 or 5 days.  I also store my motorhome indoors when not traveling.

If you feel like you HAVE to get a set of tire covers, go with the parachute-style breathable (nylon?) stretchy fabric.  They will block UV rays (which is what damages tires over time, in theory) but let water and air flow through.  The criticism of the leather (or heavier material) covers is that they actually trap IN moisture and heat, which can contribute to shorter rubber life.

I got one of the above-mentioned styles for the spare tire on my TT, just so it wasn't hanging out there in the open all the time.  It's white and matches the trailer, so it looks decent.  Cost something like $10 on Ebay I think.

The only reason I would like to have a couple of tire covers is when it rains, the two left side wheels get mud splashed up on them when I am parked at home.  They would save me a lot of time cleaning them up again.

These are the ones I use.

Classic Accessories 80-222-162302-00 4-Pack RV Deluxe Wheel Covers For 28" - 30" Tire Diameter, White from Amazon

Back
Top Bottom