Toyota Oddessy towing capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larryr

I just bought a 1987 Toyota oddessy 22' class C with a 22R engine.  It runs well, but does not seem to have excess power.  I am hoping that it will tow a 16' runabout boat.  I am wondering about torque converter load on steep ramp pulling the boat and trailer.  I intend to put performance gauges to monitor temp, oil pressure and a transmission temp gauge (?).  Any experiences?  Look forward to getting this rig set up and getting out of the Redding summer heat with trips to the coast and mountains.

Lot's of luck!  As you say, it is underpowered to begin with and you want to tow a boat, use steep boat ramps, and travel in the mountains?  And yes, the tranny in those old Toyota mini's is going to get hot doing all that extra work. A 16 ft runabout on a trailer is going to run somewhere around 1200 lbs.

A very good friend of mine in Vermont has one and loves it.  There is a Toyota Motorhome club on Facebook you might want to check out.  There may be someone there that can be helpful.  1200 lbs behind my Tacoma feels like an anchor. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToyotaMotorhomeClub/about/ 

Back
Top Bottom