Reese Pro Series hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sansagenda

Greetings to all, I am beyond a newbie as I bought a 18 ft 80's Catalina trailer to use on weekends when I do art shows. But I haven't used it yet because I don't know what I'm doing or even how to hook it up and everyone I ask either makes fun of me or promised to help then disappears.
I bought a Reese Pro Series hitch because I wanted to be extra safe. Then my niece comes and tells me I bought the wrong thing and sell it because what is on the trailer is fine. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 20180420_115002.jpg
    20180420_115002.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180420_115031.jpg
    20180420_115031.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180420_115038.jpg
    20180420_115038.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 28
I only see part of an antique hitch on the trailer. Remove what is there and use the Pro you bought. It should have come with directions, and they are somewhat easy to follow. Once you understand the principals behind the purpose of the hitch, ( transfer weight back to the front axle) they're not hard to set up. The worst part is finding a torque wrench that will tighten the bolts on the head. Often one can get them tight enough for set up, then take the head to a truck repair shop to get them torqued correctly. Be sure the trailer is loaded as it would be when you take it camping before trying to do your set-up.

Where's local? You don't have to be real specific, just a general location. There may be a member close to you that would help.

Appreciate the thought. I thought of one person. I'm going to replace the tail lights then call him. I'm just glad I didn't sell the stuff on craiglist. Anti sway bars seemed like a good thing to me.

Reese has great installation videos on their website.  I bought a Reese and love it.

Back
Top Bottom