FMCA ROADSIDE RESCUE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

link30240

How does FMCA ROADSIDE RESCUE compare to Coach Net or Good Sams Premium.  Seems like a great price but is this a case of get what you pay for?

I can only speak first hand of Coach-Net and Good Sam; Excellent support from both, but my GS experience was many years ago. FMCA offers this comparison of benefits, but the Coach-Net price is not the (lower) renewal price I just paid. Hopefully someone with first hand experience of FMCA will chime in. They give you access to SafeRide RV Motor Club for service, and offer a "discount price" for access.

A couple of things to keep in mind; Unless you're already an FMCA member or joining for other benefits, then the membership cost has to be added to the ERS cost. And what you're actually getting with Good Sam is contracted Allstate Motor Club ERS plan using the Allstate call center. Another plan to consider is the $99/year plan that the Escapees RV Club offers, also from Saferide. The Escapees also has a membership fee of course, although it's a bit lower than FMCA's...

what coach do you have?
If you have a new ford chassis, you might get free service through them.
I was about to pull the trigger on buy coachnet when I learned about this.  I think it's five years free. (basic through coachnet I learned)

I guess I should look at that soon, as I'm probably nearing the end of my complimentary coverage.

blw2 said:
what coach do you have?

Going to look at a few used Class A's this weekend.  Buying out of state and even though I will have the unit I choose checked out. I dont want to take the long trip home in a unfamiliar RV with out coverage

We had a minor incident recently (the exhaust pipe was dragging along the pavement).  It was an item that was covered by Ford warranty (because the weld for the hanger was defective). 

From a spot on the side of the road Ford was helpful in that they would find the closest dealer and have  the unit towed there.  No, they would not check to see when service would be available.  it was a Friday afternoon, so sitting in a dealership waiting for Monday for a minor issue was not very appealing.

Coachnet's response was to find a local service provider and arrange for service.  It was a busy day so it would be a couple of hours, but we would have service that day.

Bottom line we were able to pull into a shopping plaza where we bought wire to hoist the piece up well enough to make it home.  Didn't need the service.

A few years ago we had a flat while on the road.  Coach net made sure we were someplace safe, called the sheriff to direct traffic around us, Shopped for a replacement tire, and arranged for service.  We had to pay for the new tire, but the service was covered and completed within a couple of hours.

I recently attended a seminar at  the FMCA Convention in Perry Georgia regarding "new " benefit.  The price and  coverage sounded quite good to me.  They can offer  such a discount because of the volume they get with FMCA membership.

Go online to make the comparisons. One thing that caught my interest is that many of the local towing  services contract with a variety of Insurances vendors.  It was stated that Roadside Rescue pays  vendors within  24 hours of service therefore, if they get multiple call at the same time, RR may  be first up because  they  pay so fast.

With  all the good information I then shared with hubby, he said, "We have Coach Net and we are sticking with it."

We currently have Coach-Net, but when it nears expiration, I'll be taking a closer look at Saferide through the Escapees since I already have a membership with them for their other benefits. I can see the lack of Mexican coverage being a problem for some folks with Saferide, but not for us. Saferide's Canadian coverage is more important for our travel needs.

Welp, once again a strike out. the "Incredibly clean and solid" class A we went to see had a soft rear wall thanks to a leaky rear window.  So the search continues :(

Yes, let us offer you encouragement in your search. We looked for a long time and we're concerned that we just were never going to find the right rig at a price we could afford. Then in a matter of one week we found the floor plan we loved although the price was out of range. So we looked online (now that we had found our Dream floor plan) and found one that was affordable, went and picked it up and while I was reviewing it with the private seller, I got an email from somebody who suddenly wanted to buy our fifth wheel. Wham bam thank you ma'am. Stay prepared, hold your ground and don't settle for anything less than what suits you well.

Back
Top Bottom