No electrical power at outlets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yonder

We used too many appliances this morning and thought we had merely tripped a breaker when everything quit. Here's the Dilemma. There are no tripped breakers. Here's what I've done to chase the problem so far. The breaker on the RV Park Service pedestal  is good. I have power at the main 50 amp breaker inside the unit. We are connected to shore power outside. I have AC electrical working in other areas such as the heat pumps. I started the generator and tried to use that with no luck. I pulled the covers off of the main breaker panel and the sub panel that feeds the receptacles. I have power at all the breakers in the main panel but none in the sub panel. The sub panel is protected by a 30 amp single pole, 120 volt breaker. Without tearing things apart to 'who knows where it would end,' I can't figure out what feeds the 30 amp sub Main. There is no apparent source for it in the main panel which is right next to it. The conductors are obviously all buried within cabinetry and I hesitate to start tearing things apart if one of you electrical Wizards can lead me to an answer so we can have coffee this morning.  ;)

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Check your GFCI Oulets.  You may have tripped one and they need to be reset.  Normally around areas of water source such as Bathroom, sink, kitchen counter.

Yep. Done that. But if there is no power in the sub panel, there wouldn't be any power to the GFCI outlet anyway

As a Marksmanship Instructor, I don't typically recommend a wild Shot in the Dark. Nonetheless, Paul and Ann you are genius Folk. I went to the inverter and the breaker on it was tripped. I reset it and coffee is now a brewing. Got to love this forum. If you're going to the Grand National in July, look me up. I owe you a cold one or a cup of coffee. I'll be parked with the WIT-LEOs. Thank you!

Glad to help, and glad your fix was an easy one.  I a sure I learned about sub panels being powered by the inverter from reading this forum.  Enjoy your coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom