Made it back from FL and tank sensors work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Well we made it back to NH today with no hiccups at all. 29 hrs. and 1555 miles.

Tried something to get the tank sensors clean and working. I dumped all the tanks and flushed the best I could the day before we left. I then put 15 gallons of water in each tank along with a cup of Dawn liquid detergent. Drove 1300 miles with it sloshing around. On the last leg (today), I was able to dump at a welcome center in Danbury CT. Lo and behold, all the indicators say empty now. First time in several years. Probably won't last long though.

One interesting thing did happen, 10 days ago, there was a MH rally at our RV park. It was all GMC MH's built in the mid 70"s. One was in the site next to us. They were from NS but was in FL for a good part of the winter and heading back on the Monday after the rally with a couple of stops on the way. We pulled into the rest area in CT last night and who was already there. Yup. Who'd have thought we would ever see each other again.  It's a small world sometimes.

We made it back from Florida to Massachusetts on Tuesday. Uneventful trip. We took our time and took 4 days and 1300 miles.

We once bumped into friends from Maine at a rest area in Delaware, and friends from Connecticut in Ohio.

Both times we said, "That camper looks familiar but, there's no way..."

Well we made it back to NH today with no hiccups at all. 29 hrs. and 1555 miles.

Glad you made it back OK.

You must have been flying as 29 hrs = 53.62mph average so with gas stops etc.........Flying.  Do you have a pilots license?

I figure about 45mph with fuel and rest stops and it comes out pretty close when I'm actually going 55-60mph.  :D

RedandSilver said:
Glad you made it back OK.

You must have been flying as 29 hrs = 53.62mph average so with gas stops etc.........Flying.  Do you have a pilots license?

I figure about 45mph with fuel and rest stops and it comes out pretty close when I'm actually going 55-60mph.  :D

Cruise control was set at 63 and we had very little backup. Just a couple of times. We stopped 2 nights. It wasn't straight thru.

Just curious as to whether you took 95 north through S Carolina or the 26 to 77 through Charlotte route.  On our recent trip to Williamsburg 95 north was not great, but it wasn?t nearly as bad as the ride back home in the southbound lane.

Patnsuzanne said:
Just curious as to whether you took 95 north through S Carolina or the 26 to 77 through Charlotte route.  On our recent trip to Williamsburg 95 north was not great, but it wasn?t nearly as bad as the ride back home in the southbound lane.

On our way down last October we took 95 thru SC and blew a tire on the RV because of the road. It was terrible. Hope they fix it soon.
We ended up going 26 to 77 to 81 to come home. .

Welcome home. You  just have brought this good weather. Thank you.

Did the exact same thing with our tanks but I used the Heavy Duty Purple cleaner that you get back in the automotive dept. at Walmart.  Put a half gallon in each tank and it works wonders.  Should last for at least a year judging from past experience.

Joezeppy said:
Welcome home Rene. Glad you had a good trip. We're heading to Saco Maine this July. We'll waive as we drive through the corner of NH.  ;D

You'll be about 15 miles from our house.

Peteyboy said:
Did the exact same thing with our tanks but I used the Heavy Duty Purple cleaner that you get back in the automotive dept. at Walmart.  Put a half gallon in each tank and it works wonders.  Should last for at least a year judging from past experience.

What's the name of that cleaner. Is it safe for septic systems and is it environmentally safe?

Rene T said:
What's the name of that cleaner. Is it safe for septic systems and is it environmentally safe?

Have no idea of the safe for the environment thing,,,, I just know when I want a go to cleaner that WORKS,,, this is the stuff.  I think it's just called Purple Cleaner,,, or something close.

Back
Top Bottom