Tiffin Phaeton vs Entegra Aspire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmnoirot

My wife and I have been looking & researching for about 9 months, and we're hoping to purchases in the next few months.  We'll have it for about a year before we plan to full-time once she retires.  I've heard floor plan is the key, and we have found plans that we love.  So now, our dilemma is.......Tiffin Phaeton or Entegra Aspire?

If you have specific knowledge of either of these, please share likes/dislikes, pros/cons, praises/regrets, etc.  They both appear to be well-built machines, so I'm looking to gain some insight I can't find by researching - I'm tired of that!!!!

Thanks in advance!

We too  have been "Looking" to  replace our magnificent but 19 year old Country Coach  Magna.

We've  been  to both  Factories you mention as well as Newmar and tomorrow  Winnebago. Our  conclusion, there is no perfect rig.  Each has a feature unique just to it.

Both are beautiful  rigs. Entegra factory is spotless.  Tiffin is much messier.  I like Tiffin  interiors. Terry likes Newmar's Comfort Ride.  I  have no advice for  you, but  I feel your pain as  we face decisions.  I  guess we just gotta make a priority list and decide. (or keep the one we have)

Can't tell you how many videos and blogs we have explored. They are actually  pretty thorough.

One little piece of advice I could give from past experience is not to rule out a  rig because of a particular thing  that could  be changed out later.  Example, backsplash in kitchen, can be changed later, sofa type can be changed, chair  configuration ( if you have room) can  be changed.  I've had modifications to  cabinetry done, modifications to drawers and shelves under sink. I've changed my sofa 3 times.  I changed out the window valances.  Yes it takes a bit of cash, but if it is the only thing pushing you  into  one or the other,  you may allow yourself some flexibility.

I too looked for a long while before deciding on the coach that will hopefully satisfy us for a very long time. As Betty said there is no perfect coach. We found a coach that had most of what we were looking for and as we looked we kept in mind that down the road things could be changed to reflect our changing needs.

I chose a Dynamax DX3 37TS, for a variety of reasons. I like that passenger and driver have separate ingress/egress, I like having the more familiar feel of the hood, instead of a flat front coach.

When it came down to deciding on which floor plan I looked for the television location in relation to the seating as much or more than anything. We looked for a coach that was designed for a couple, and not a family. At some point we'll have the Dinette removed, and add a workstation for my wife.

Good luck on your decision.

Both fine choices.  It's tough.  We had a must have list, that will eliminate 99%.  We found the perfect floor plan.  During the PDI the coach self destructed before our eyes.  Things fell off the walls and broke.  When asked why there was a wait to get broken items replaced since the factory was less than a mile away, we never got a straight answer.  After doing some research we learned that model is no longer being made.  The dealer wouldn't tell us that nor the factory.  Both the dealership and the brand were removed from our list.  We moved on and found the coach that we bought and we feel very lucky.  And, very happy the search is over for us.  We are replacing all the appliances except the frig.  We have a side by side frig with the wood panels, can't be replaced.  Therefore, we have made the choice to do whatever it might take in the future to keep that frig going.  Funny how certain things become so important.

Back
Top Bottom