HWH leveling problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoGATraveler

Problems with hwh leveling system on my 96 winnebago vectra. Everything worked as it should until a few days ago when at what point,when lowered the jacks, then i tried to stow, the lights would come on but nothing would happen. After it sat for a while i would hit the stow button and it all work as it should and everytime this would happen. Has anyone ever had this problem and what did you to repair?

I have the hwh computerized leveling system, and as for as what lights came on , it was the red indicator light beside the stow button that would illuminate, but the straight-acting jacks would do nothing. After allowing the unit to sit for a while you could turn the ignition on and turn the system on and hit the stow button and everything would operate normal.

I suspect We have a weak house battery.  Try the jacks with the engine running.
Edit.  I should have said chassis battery.  I think most manufacturers use chassisbatteries for levelers and slides.

I have tried with engine running, but the jacks will not retract immediately after closing the slide-out. Let the coach sit a few minutes and return ,turn the key on, turn the leveling system on ,hit the stow button and everything operates as it is supposed to operate. The  two coach batteries are new installed two weeks ago. THE SYSTEM IS A HWH COMPUTERIZED 4-POINT LEVELING SYSTEM WITH STRAIGHT-ACTING JACKS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL INFO AND HELP!!!!!!!!!

Had a friend with a 96 Vectra and leveling jack problems.  We fixed the problem by removing the panel and exercising the connectors.

SoGATraveler said:
THE SYSTEM IS A HWH COMPUTERIZED 4-POINT LEVELING SYSTEM WITH STRAIGHT-ACTING JACKS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL INFO AND HELP!!!!!!!!!

I think you are missing the point of the questions. HWH has many series of leveling systems, 600, 625, 725, ect and all have different diagnostics and the lights displayed can mean different things. That's why the questions about what system you have. Maybe take a pic of the panel, and the HWH to help us out with troubleshooting.

I have the 610 series system. As far as i can tell, when you turn the system on and hit the stow button, all that is supposed to happen is  the solenoids energize, and the pressure forces the fluid from jacks to tank. The pump never comes on. If i am wrong please direct in what direction that i should look. THANKS!!!!!!!!

If I am understanding your problem I just went through the same thing. Our system worked fine to Florida and back. When we got home and parked in the driveway the jacks would not go down. We have the HWH 725 computer controlled system.
I just located the problem today. One slightly loose wire on one of the relays. I took it off, cleaned the contacts and tightened it down. Problem solved!
Hope this helps!

The jacks will lower as they should, slide-out works as it should, the only problem that i am having is as soon as i close the slide-out i have to wait a few minutes before the jacks will retract when the stow button is hit. They will operate, but have to wait for about eight to ten minutes before they will work, after the slide-out is closed.

Does anyone know where the HWH Control Box is usually Located on the Coach. I am having the same problem and I would like to check the wire connections.

Thanks,

Herbie

SoGATraveler said:
The jacks will lower as they should, slide-out works as it should, the only problem that i am having is as soon as i close the slide-out i have to wait a few minutes before the jacks will retract when the stow button is hit. They will operate, but have to wait for about eight to ten minutes before they will work, after the slide-out is closed.

To be clear your jacks are coming up, but slowly?  If that is the case, when the jacks are down before you stow them take WD-40 and spray it liberally at the top of the ram where the ram goes into the cylinder and allow it to run down the rams.  It is my observation that the seal where the ram goes into the cylinder dries out over time and causes excess drag on the rams resulting in slow retraction times.  I spray these seals every month or so if we are moving often, otherwise, if have stayed in the same place for a month or so, I spray the seals before retracting the jacks.  It usually only takes two or three minutes for my jacks to retract.

On a side note.  The slower the jacks retract, the longer power is being applied to the solenoid.  This power causes heat build up in the solenoid.  The more heat in the solenoid the shorter the life of the solenoid.

Hope this helps.

It also could be that there is nothing wrong with the jacks other than the retraction springs are just getting old and tired. Your system is 12 years old now, and the retraction springs wear out with use. Try lubing the jack rod as Paul describes and see how much it helps. If it is still slow there is a good possibility that the springs are just worn out.  Most springs can be purchased from HWH and replaced. 

The jacks will not try to retract, i can hear the relay energize, but the solenoids are not energizing, releasing the pressure from the jacks. As i stated before, i can wait about eight to ten minutes and turn the system back on and hit the stow button and everything operates like it is supposed to. I have no problem with the jacks stowing when the system energizes.

What am i supposed to do to or with T handles ?  If i close the slideout and then/ walk away for a while and then return and  operate the jacks/ everything works as it should.

Update to this problem, now each time i go to operate my leveling system the low battery light comes on, even though i have recently installed two new coach batteries. I cannot locate a power source for the leveling system, as far as fuses or breakers. NEED HELP IN EARNEST.  Everything else that is powered by these batteries operate as they should. Is there someway or somewhere to check the power going to the leveling system?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom