could this be a weird electrical issue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GandLW

I have had a few issues that seem totally unrelated over the past few months, but now Im thinking maybe they are somehow related to an electrical issue? 
First, after traveling several hours, when I level, the right rear leveling jack comes up about an inch after being level for about 1-2 weeks.  If I don't move the rig but try to relevel, it will stay level for about 24 hours and then the right rear jack starts retracting again. 
Second, After the rig has been sitting for a couple of weeks, when I start to travel the dash air system doesn't work until I have been on the road for a couple of hours.  Then it works fine.
Third, the electrical front window night shade will not work.  I had the motor replaced on this just last year and now it doesn't work again!

Could these things be related?  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I don't see anything in common with those, nor does the jack seem to be electrical in nature.  Sounds like a leaky hydraulic valve to me.

The dash a/c may be a sticking relay and it takes some highway bouncing to break it loose. Do the fans run but no heat/cool, or is there no fan either?

You may have a dead spot on the dash air conditioning fan motor armature, and airflow through it while bouncing down the road can spin the fan far enough to move the brushes off of the dead spot and let the motor engage.  I had the same problem on my Bronco II, the cure is a new fan motor (about $40 at an auto parts store).

Back
Top Bottom