Rust(?) spots on inside of tent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KodiakJack

Hi folks. I just bought a 2005 Viking epic. It?s in pretty good shape, but the vinyl is covered in hundreds of red rust (I think) spots. There?s a few on the outside, but nowhere near what?s on the inside. Not sure if a previous owner got metal filings all over it, and they rusted and stacked through the vinyl, and they were able to clean the outside but not the inside maybe? Or maybe it?s just funky red mildew? Or the trailer was used in the filming of an episode of ?Dexter??...

Anyway, I?d like it off. Detergent and water had no effect. I thought about trying CLR, but wasn?t sure if it might damage the vinyl.

Your thoughts and musings are appreciated.

Cheers,

KJ

Attachments

• DC101F3F-01D7-4B1F-94A6-E6FB326AB015.jpeg
    DC101F3F-01D7-4B1F-94A6-E6FB326AB015.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 18
I have reddish spots like those on our motorcycle tent camper, those ours are larger, maybe the size of a pea. Mine aren?t mold, and I always figured rust too. They are near the support poles. I just ignore then. I certainly wouldn?t use CLR on vinyl canvas!

I use to use a product called Wesleys Bleach white (made for automobile tires) on a white vinyl boat, rain top.  Stuff worked great.  I would Armor All the vinyl afterwards to put protection back into vinyl. 

Back
Top Bottom