Building storage under overhang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RikYoung

Our daughter plans on living in a parked 5th wheel for a year.  Has anyone constructed a stand-alone wooden frame that fits under the overhang at the hitch?  I'll cover the frame with wooden lattice.
Anyone already try this?  Any suggestions?

I went to a guy locally who makes boat covers and he custom made me a canvas enclosure. It has a door that rolls up and a few grommets along the bottom to tie the bottom to some screw in anchors.  Cost as $300 I think.

While under hitch storage is not common, it is certainly done by many!  There are ready made canvas enclosures, custom made, and everything else!  What do you plan to store?  How secure does it need to be?  How water tight?  Do you really need a wooden frame to support inside shelves or to hang things?

Build something custom to meet HER needs, then POST PIX!

Will she be in an RV park?  Many parks prohibit storing anything under the RV because of fire regulations, this includes under the hitch.

Hello. It seems to me that this idea is a little dubious since it is, at the very least, dangerous. How old is your daughter? When I was making a carport for my mobile home, it took me a lot of time and effort to get it done. I even asked the guys from Find The Best Scaffolding Services - Pete Suen to help me find scaffoldings to work with. A very convenient service, by the way, since I thought that I would have to kill a considerable amount of money for this, and then it turns out that they analyzed the whole market for me. In general, what I want to say is that you must be ready to spend a lot of money and time if you want your daughter to be safe and comfortable while living there.

Last edited:
1st of all, welcome to the forum.
Next this is a three year old post so I’m pretty sure she is probably not living there anymore .
Last but not least, why is this dangerous? The OP was only closing in the front end of the fifth wheel UNDER the trailer to have a little storage area.

Back
Top Bottom