Water-based Sealant Over New Decals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlshunter

So my 5er has the Keystone Outback decal problem...shrink & peel.

I have almost completely replaced or "restored" the decals on this RV...using....you guessed it...paint.
Took refridge outside access panel down to the corner OSH & asked for the best dang exterior water-based paint they had...had 4 colors
matched (they did a great job).  So I have pain-stakenly sanded, cleaned, taped off, primed, cleaned, prepped, taped off, painted, etc 4 colors
in pretty straight lines and swirls & graphics.  Doesn't look half bad!

Now that I have impressed myself (I am a self-described perfectionist) at this "artistic outlet" I want to
help preserve the decals that I am going to next apply.  I am afraid that the decals that I got from ebay  & Amazon are the originals
crappy South-American material (not the adhesive though...which does melt away when you use  pro-strength Goof-Off, again available at the corner OSH).
So my question to y'all...has anybody had bad luck or is there any unrealistic results when a decal is covered up by a water-based sealer (won't turn yellow like oil-based sealer after exposed to sunlight after a few weeks)  such as Varothane's Product?

I will send pics when done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom