Our Minnie Winnie 26A is Quite the Conversation Piece!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FunSteak

FINALLY, the Chicagoland weather cooperated, and we were able to take our coach out for the first time.  Spent the weekend at a great state park in Southern WI, Richard Bong State Recreation Area.  Very nice campground that we've been to a few times now.

Couldn't help but notice again this year that our Minnie Winnie 26A, being a brand new floorplan in 2017, and having a surprising three slides on a 27 foot class C, is apparently quite a looker to campground passersby.  We noticed folks stopping as they walked or drove by and taking a good look.  Even have had a few chat and ask what model it is.  And oh yes, we've given several tours!

It's so nice that everyone is so friendly and really notices new things.  The three slides thing on a coach this size really stops people when they notice.  Even had a gent tell us he was "elected" as the "scout" by the ladies in his group to come check out our coach a bit more closely.  ;D  DW & I are, fortunately, the friendly, gregarious types, so no big deal.  We enjoy it!

Anyone else get a lot of attention paid to their unit?  We never anticipated it, but it's actually quite nice, and we've met some really nice people that we may not have otherwise.

Also, can't even tell you how great it was to finally have her out again!

Happy Spring, everyone.  About time!

Sounds like you got a neat rig. It's great that it's a conversation starter, good way to meet new friends.

We don't get attention for the TT but our truck number plate gets a LOT of attention.  I picked it cause it has a cowboy on it. It says the Rodeo State and folks always ask us which State that is.... Most think its Wyoming...  It's not.  ;D

I found this link to show, and  it looks cute!

http://www.pleasurelandrv.com/product/new-2017-winnebago-minnie-winnie-26a-562827-16

Sorry, meant to post some photos yesterday, but work (as usual) got in the way...

Here she is.  We really couldn't be much happier with her.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 56
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0630_reduced.jpg
    IMG_0630_reduced.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1002_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1002_reduced.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 60
FunSteak said:
Anyone else get a lot of attention paid to their unit?  We never anticipated it, but it's actually quite nice, and we've met some really nice people that we may not have otherwise.
Since we bought our Retro 2 years ago, we have met more people than in all of our previous 10 years of RVing. Some people just crane their necks while others have made comments ranging from "Cute!" to "You must have your life savings sunk into that restoration." Everyone loves our Retro, and we have exchanged "tours" with a number of people who just had to see the inside. We couldn't be happier.

Punomatic said:
Since we bought our Retro 2 years ago, we have met more people than in all of our previous 10 years of RVing. Some people just crane their necks while others have made comments ranging from "Cute!" to "You must have your life savings sunk into that restoration." Everyone loves our Retro, and we have exchanged "tours" with a number of people who just had to see the inside. We couldn't be happier.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  And that is a really cool looking rig!  I just checked out the floorplans on their site, and you seem to have picked one I'd lean to, as well. 

John Canfield said:
Three slides is pretty amazing, great looking rig!

We really, really love it.  The bedroom is amazing for a smaller coach. 

Full disclosure - there is one trade off with this rig.  The three slides definitely reduce basement storage quite a bit.  Of the Minnie Winnies in this size, ours has the fewest cubic feet.  That said, we're working well within those confines, and have a good utilization of the available basement space.  IOW, it's working fine for us!  :)

Attachments

• 2017_Winnebago_MinnieWinnie_26A.jpg
    2017_Winnebago_MinnieWinnie_26A.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 36
:)
I don't think international RV rules allow you to call that 26 feet with that slide out the back!

Really cool looking rig and I bet it drives well too.

Back
Top Bottom