AC Roof adjustments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpencerPJ

Are there any adjustments that can be made to the pitch of the roof AC as it is installed?  Seems no matter what I do, try and lean the TT slightly right or back, the roof AC always drips off the front right gutter, right next to entry.  It seems to be mounted directly in the middle of the roof, that has an arch to it.  I?m just wondering if it is possible that one side got tightened down first causing the water to always drain towards the awning side.
Any thoughts or recommendations?  thanks

Trailer: 2012 Forest River, PUMA, 19FS
AC: Dometic  457915

Have you pulled the cover off and checked the drains? It's possible one or more of the areas where the rain outlets are located can be plugged up. That can cause all the condensate to drain out one side. I level mine a tad high on the curb side to keep the condensate from running down the awning. I don't have to go very high on that side, so thankfully it doesn't mess up eggs in the frying pan if Deb cooks them inside, or cause us to have an uncomfortable sleep.

I have not pulled the top cover.  It has only been camped in a dozen or so times, certainly can't fathom anything plugged. I bought it last year off a guy who parked it under a carport, he said he only used it 8-10 times, and I've only used it 4 times so far.  It's like brand new.  I'd climb on top, I know these TT are supposed to hold you, but I'm a 290# guy. 

spencerpj said:
I have not pulled the top cover.  It has only been camped in a dozen or so times, certainly can't fathom anything plugged. I bought it last year off a guy who parked it under a carport, he said he only used it 8-10 times, and I've only used it 4 times so far.  It's like brand new.  I'd climb on top, I know these TT are supposed to hold you, but I'm a 290# guy.

Just take some 1/2" plywood (2' X 2') to walk on and to distribute your weight.

Unfortunately, it doesn?t take much to clog up one or more of the condensation drain holes. Even if the previous owner kept the trailer under roof, bugs can certainly get in there and cause problems. Down here, mud dauber wasps can play havoc with all sorts of small openings/apatures in just a matter of hours. It may well be worth your while to find the drain holes and make sure they are open. Like kdbgoat, I also try to keep the curb side a tad high, but mainly to keep any rain water on the slide roof away from the wall of the trailer. Same principle applies though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom